LEAFA Select result

McEwen6

LEAFA Select 2 - 0 Vale of Leithen

Goals: Stevie Wilson (St Bernard's) & Grant McMillan (Danderhall)

Another inpressive performance by the select side. Crozier at left back a standout along with Conan at CB for me.

Another inpressive performance by the select side. Crozier at left back a standout along with Conan at CB for me.

Agree with Conan the centre half, looked a really good player. 2 cracking results for Nizzy and the boys Over the last week.

Even better considering they don't regularly play or train together and are playing against established sides.

Well done to wee Stevie who deserved his call up and marked it with a goal after a fantastic season so far.

Agree with Conan the centre half, looked a really good player. 2 cracking results for Nizzy and the boys Over the last week.

Even better considering they don't regularly play or train together and are playing against established sides.

Well done to wee Stevie who deserved his call up and marked it with a goal after a fantastic season so far.

Agreed, he grew in stature as the game went on.

Thought the lad from Danderhall was inpressive. Always on the shoulder, took goal well.

Agreed, he grew in stature as the game went on.

Thought the lad from Danderhall was inpressive. Always on the shoulder, took goal well.

Seen him a couple times and he's a very good player, nightmare to play against that type. I believe there were a couple clubs looking at him last night.

Seen him a couple times and he's a very good player, nightmare to play against that type. I believe there were a couple clubs looking at him last night.

I liked the boy Chris centre midfield, always done easy ball etc... Found out only 23 also so could go somewhere in future. As I said everyone had good game, hope scotland ams guy was watching !!

I liked the boy Chris centre midfield, always done easy ball etc... Found out only 23 also so could go somewhere in future. As I said everyone had good game, hope scotland ams guy was watching !!

Was that the number 8 aye? If so he did look good aswell.

Good player, thought a couple of times he'd taken a heavy touch but he's very quick and agile. The centre half, number 5, looked good too. I was impressed with the guy who came on in centre mid, infact I was impressed by a lot of the side.

• 3 weeks later...

To Be fair,

We shouldve won by about 4/5 goals, we had the better chances but failed to take them,

they had i would say 3/4 decent players but were moving the ball quick and i would say had the better of the 1st 30 mins, other than that i would say we were much the better team.

Standouts for me

Conan ( Captained the side) & Faron as they were against a big man mountain and the boy was a good player, big handful

Kris Russell ( Beanie) Shotts, never stopped running all night, very unlucky not to get a goal or 2

Piesys- same as Beanie but shouldve had at least a Hat trick

Ozzie & Kyle, both came onto a decent game marshalled their midfield and worked very hard.

Chris Reid, we he came on he was superb, drove at them and they couldnt handle him

Overall, every player did very well and i thought we shouldve won, for a select side to have 4/5 scotland payers in it, i would say we were far the better side.

Big boy up top very good player, Alan Inglis I think, very strong but done ok against him. They were up for it first half hour as scorer said but after that I thought we battered them. Hope Bruce and his scouting team have a look at our boys.

I play with the lad creedy at NMV and this lads has bags of ability. Scores plenty goals from midfield and doesn't stop running. Deserves to be in the select team and good luck to him the rest of the squad for making it

I play with the lad creedy at NMV and this lads has bags of ability. Scores plenty goals from midfield and doesn't stop running. Deserves to be in the select team and good luck to him the rest of the squad for making it

he has looked very good in the two games he has played in for the select. Very good going forward.

Archived