Queen of the south v Falkirk

QosLoyal

It maybe the biggest game in the history of QOS , in your eyes, which I doubt, but I could name many many games at least that were bigger than this for Falkirk. :unsure:

You do seem to be very excited. Not used to it I guess having spent so much time with the Seasiders.

I don't think he meant it.

I assumed he was merely parodying you lot.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no hiding places on the pitch on frid night am sure I saw a couple of lads climbing up the floodlights to replace the dud bulbs today.

The tallest free standing flood lights in Scotland now there a useless pub quiz question for you

I'm surprised an attempt that poor worked. Touché.

Me as well! It appears to have reeled in a couple of seething Falkirk fans! It's got to NavyBlueArmy so much that he had to call me an idiot as well as 'red dot' me :lol::lol::lol: BPM being suckered in has shocked me, considering he is also a poor man's wind-up merchant. Thought he'd have spotted one of his own a mile away ;)

I don't think he meant it. I assumed he was merely parodying you lot.

Indeed! I never doubted you knowing the score MT :thumsup2

There is not much here worth responding to!

Anyway,,,,

The loss off Kerr is a bonus for the home side,

The loss of the fat Baird is a bonus for the fifth place side.

I expect a close first half.

Then 3-0 in the 2nd.

I expect to pick up some money@ 9-1 at 3-0.

Down from 11-1

Bugger!

There is not much here worth responding to!

Anyway,,,,

The loss off Kerr is a bonus for the home side,

The loss of the fat Baird is a bonus for the fifth place side.

I expect a close first half.

Then 3-0 in the 2nd.

I expect to pick up some money@ 9-1 at 3-0.

Down from 11-1

Bugger!

Baird is the bigger loss, a goal every 2nd game, assists and link up play with Loy has improved us, which will probably show if Morgan fills his boots...

We haven't failed to score in a game since Baird has arrived.....Goals win games...

Baird is the bigger loss, a goal every 2nd game, assists and link up play with Loy has improved us, which will probably show if Morgan fills his boots...

We haven't failed to score in a game since Baird has arrived.....Goals win games...

How many have been penalties?

Surprised to hear it either way. Kerr was easily the bigger loss for us. The guy oozes quality. That's football I suppose; a player can be awful at one club then move and be extremely good for the next, and vice versa. Falkirk's system must be more suited to Baird/he's getting more game time.

Surprised to hear it either way. Kerr was easily the bigger loss for us. The guy oozes quality. That's football I suppose; a player can be awful at one club then move and be extremely good for the next, and vice versa. Falkirk's system must be more suited to Baird/he's getting more game time.

2, but you still have to score them.

Baird did say in an interview (possibly FTV) the way Fowler wanted him to play wasn't his best position/game. I think every Falkirk fan has been impressed with Baird and he links perfectly with Loy.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game after finally getting the night off. I'd be tempted to go for a 5 man midfield as Morgan looks gash but this blocks the path for the fullbacks going forward.

I'd say you are overstating Kerr's worth slightly, and understating Bairds.

When he was given time on the ball Kerr absolutely ran the show for us. He was largely hopeless in the games against Hearts and Hibs though who closed him down quickly and forced him to rush his passes. I don't think we are noticeably weaker without him.

Baird was a good player for us, just not good enough at the time to dislodge the Reilly and Lyle partnership and unwilling, it would appear, to act professionally and try and force his way into the side. It wasn't due to his ability that he was released.

2, but you still have to score them.

Baird did say in an interview (possibly FTV) the way Fowler wanted him to play wasn't his best position/game. I think every Falkirk fan has been impressed with Baird and he links perfectly with Loy.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game after finally getting the night off. I'd be tempted to go for a 5 man midfield as Morgan looks gash but this blocks the path for the fullbacks going forward.

Think it's a bit unfair to say that he's 'gash'. He's looked average at best so far but hasn't had much game time. He's maybe just one of these players who takes a bit of time to fit in although I don't think we'll ever find that out due to Baird's form.

When he was given time on the ball Kerr absolutely ran the show for us. He was largely hopeless in the games against Hearts and Hibs though who closed him down quickly and forced him to rush his passes. I don't think we are noticeably weaker without him.

Baird was a good player for us, just not good enough at the time to dislodge the Reilly and Lyle partnership and unwilling, it would appear, to act professionally and try and force his way into the side. It wasn't due to his ability that he was released.

p

All true.

Loy out with flu, such is life!!!

Now is that true or is it just in response to BPM's poor fishing attempt regarding Holt being out? :P

Shockingly only just noticed this is a 19:35 kick-off tomorrow!

I agree with the first line and your assessment of Kerr.

I don't go along with the "Baird was a good player for us" line though.

I don't think he was at all. He's a decent player who had done well for spells before joining us and who appears to be doing well since. It happens, but it doesn't change the fact that, for whatever reason, it didn't work out at all well here. His finishing was poor, but it wasn't just that. This link up play we hear about, tended not to happen much in his spell with us. His touch was poor and the ball bounced off him when played forward.

I'm sorry we lost him, in that he's not been replaced and we're short up front now. It would also have been preferable,had he not gone to our closest rivals.

He was a big disappointment with us though - he really was.

Archived