Queen of the south v Falkirk

QosLoyal

Here we go. Whats the general consensus here? Im pretty happy especially with it being at home and kerr and baird cup tied,and all the injured players back.Great chance. Hopefully it isnt a 3pm game on saturday (for selfish reasons ) but looking forward to it!

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk win (might take the replay to get through)

We have a great record in the SC - if we get through it will be the 5th SC semi final I've seen Falkirk play in.

Our gaffer winning it only a few years ago must help inspire our lads

Happy with the draw. Until the last two seasons our record down there has been good. We even managed a result there last season.

We will take a decent support even better if it is not on TV.

Reminds me of the Hamilton draw of a couple of years ago. We were tipped by most to lose but the Falkirk support turned out in big numbers and we were very confident on the day and turned them over with a blinding strike from Alston.

Any team with Derek Lyle upfront doesn't worry me.

Happy with the draw. Until the last two seasons our record down there has been good. We even managed a result there last season.

Reminds me of the Hamilton draw of a couple of years ago. We were tipped by most to lose but the Falkirk support turned out in big numbers and we were very confident on the day and turned them over with a blinding strike from Alston.

lyle > baird ;)

15 goals for Derek Lyle this season so far no threat at all I suppose!

Our best chance to make the semi-final and a trip to Hampden since 2008.

I expect us to make no mistake and progress. The loss of Baird is probably a bonus for Falkirk but Kerr probably adds to the team. So the cup tied players probably even out.

With Paton and Burns looking good since their return, Kidd looking class, our back four solid and our top scorers scoring regularly I expect a home win.

3-0

What are the possible dates and KO times for this? I'd imagine it'd go ahead on Saturday 7th but do I need to worry about it being moved before planning my trip north?

There will be three live tv games and one not. The one that isn't will be 3pm on the Saturday presumably. The other three will see a Saturday and Sunday lunchtime on Sky and a 3pm Sunday on BBC I would imagine. Chances are based on the draw we'll be the one not covered at all but if we nick 3rd pick in the tv games then it will be a Sky game and therefore lunchtime on one of the dates.

There will be three live tv games and one not. The one that isn't will be 3pm on the Saturday presumably. The other three will see a Saturday and Sunday lunchtime on Sky and a 3pm Sunday on BBC I would imagine. Chances are based on the draw we'll be the one not covered at all but if we nick 3rd pick in the tv games then it will be a Sky game and therefore lunchtime on one of the dates.

Cheers.

Ironically, had we managed to get through, that would have been our 4th consecutive away tie in this competition all played on plastic pitches.

Looking at the way Queens have been playing though I'm a wee bit relieved we're not going there tbh .

Should be a good match but I can't see Queens losing this one.

One of the better draws we could have got. Hopefully it's on the Saturday and I don't have to mess around getting my shift swapped at work.

With it being at Palmerston, we'll go in as favourites but we all know how good falkirk are. Very similar to our quarter final draw in 2008.

Exciting.

Archived