World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these appeals have distracted from the biggest and most difficult to defend issue of the whole match. The fact that Scott Brown committed 11 (ELEVEN) fouls - including one that led to the ruckus - and did not get a yellow card.

I cannot think of another player in Scottish football that could commit that number of fouls in a game and receive no punishment.

Lee McCulloch, at least during the game.

But, but, but, but......

:lol:

Not taking these defeats well.

I'm taking the defeats fine, thank you very much.

We were pish in both games, and Celtic deserved to win them both.

This still doesn't change my opinion that your manager speaks in constant streams of hypocritical pish.

McGowan was sent off pretty much on the basis of Guidetti's angry little man reaction. Not a great tackle but it's from the front, not out of control and he gets some of the ball. Yellow for me at worst.

How Cierzniak stayed on the park though is a mystery. That was an absolutely astonishing mind melt from him so early in the game. The tackle along deserved a red, never mind the fact it was with Griffiths having knocked it past him one on one. What on earth was he thinking?!

both studs are showing so it doesn't matter if its from the front or behind, if both studs are showing its a red automatically. If only one stud is showing it has to be either from behind or high and reckless. Glad you admit Rado was lucky, here's me thinking Paton was right and United never get any decisions against Celtic...

He's got you there.

^Possibly the reddest red card ever.

Stokes can feel aggrieved. He took a full elbow to the pus off Paton then correctly gets punted for lashing out. Very naughty from pates, but also quite pleasing.

McGowans meh, difficult to see in the highlights, didn't immediately suggest a red but Guidetti sealed it with his fine example of Celticmanship.

fair enough comment.

Ronny seems a wee bitty confused. He claims McGowan's tackle was dangerous and Brown's was nothing similar, before explaining that a tackle from behind is very dangerous and stupid. Celtic have conducted themselves very poorly throughout this saga with their public moaning and constant efforts to use the media into getting our players banned but that's to be expected I suppose.

Hmm and Mcanamra didn't when he said Brown started it all, claimed for 2 penalties only 1 of which was even a shout (the brown push/shoulder charge depending on how u see it) and also clamming Van Dyke Should be sent of for getting tackled by Dillion? Oh and throw in him claiming Efe deserved to see red for only 2 "yellow" card tackles when the first of which was very soft. Ronny unlike Mac didn't actually try to influence the next game he just commentated on incidents that actually led to red cards, and rightly so. He also admitted stokes deserved red whereas Macnamara appears to think that his team going in 2 footed shouldn't be a red card, or that his team using elbows as Paton did is not a red either. I see only one manager who somewhat admitted his own players errors. It was Deila.

I'm taking the defeats fine, thank you very much.

We were pish in both games, and Celtic deserved to win them both.

This still doesn't change my opinion that your manager speaks in constant streams of hypocritical pish.

My faverouite bit was when Jackei accuse Celtic of singling out shiftkey for special treament.

Archived