Berwick vs Spartans - Replay

Simplistic

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through the concession gate, as did many and nowt was said, paid the £12 though.the lighting is laughable outside at the turnstile, two fucking 60w bulbs for the whole area. You couldn't even read above the turnstile to where you should have been queuing till you were within the railing. It needs looked at like

It was claimed they couldn't use the ducket turnstiles "as they don't have any lights" so can only be used at afternoon games :lol:. If so, they must be knackered versus never having existed as used them v Rangers midweek in early 2000s.

Having a policy of 1 turnstile for each type of person normally works fine: league crowds are small enough to cope (plus on weekends people arrive over a longer period pre-match), and sell-outs are all-ticket. But it was a daft idea last night.

In short, hopefully lessons are learnt for future instances and hopefully some money is spent on lighting.

I went through the concession gate, as did many and nowt was said, paid the £12 though.the lighting is laughable outside at the turnstile, two fucking 60w bulbs for the whole area. You couldn't even read above the turnstile to where you should have been queuing till you were within the railing. It needs looked at like

We still managed to get a selfie with Grim outside the ground ...

post-35012-14242627743064_thumb.jpg

Big uncle Festa Hoskins causing bother,think yourself lucky,I've got him for the rest of season at the Rose,tbh I know some of his shouts at games are bonkers but I've never seen him causing aggro,haha.

Same. Sat along from him at berwick games past few years. Some excessive use of the word c**t but other than that. No bother. Until tonight. Wishing people dead is disgusting. And embarrassment to spartans.

We still managed to get a selfie with Grim outside the ground ...

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1424262774.520762.jpg

What is it with all these unsolicited pics of me, I'm starting to think I've gained an army of stalkers, ha ha. Rab at least you got my best side unlike the other one.

Grimbo

Enough of this pish about turnstiles and Hoskins. More comments about the match if you please.

Kerr Young fast becoming the only rival to Notman for player of the year.

Also, Spartans fans, is that how you always play? It was incredibly energetic stopping us playing anything on the deck.

Agreed about the turnstiles. .queued for 20 minutes in the "Adult"gate with my 9yr old laddie only to be told that he had to go in the child gate. I said climb the turnstile son and gave the woman 14quid ...seen loads of kids doing the same. ..ffs berwick shite organisation and could we no of hired some building inspection lights ...and as for the p***k that tried to rip down a tannoy speaker beside the chip van ..u kid are lucky I had me laddie with me

Enough of this pish about turnstiles and Hoskins. More comments about the match if you please.

Kerr Young fast becoming the only rival to Notman for player of the year.

Also, Spartans fans, is that how you always play? It was incredibly energetic stopping us playing anything on the deck.

Sorry Redcar. ..Rant over. ..as for the match ...Spartans came with a game plan ...keep the ball in the night sky.They could easily have been awarded a penalty. .after about 20minutes.Seen them given .Berwick seemed to be very panicky at the back ..more composure needed obviously the pressure of knowing the big money, Live TV for winning

Lavery took his goal well....not alot else happened until they hit the bar and the final whistle. ..all in all a poor quality game but it's the result we wanted...onwards and upwards

Winning the game last night was paramount and we did that, more comfortably than the score suggests. For all Spartans high-octane pressing game - and it has to be said they were remarkably fit, closed down space brilliantly and rarely gave our best footballers time on the ball - I always felt we had some degree of control. It was an ugly beast of a game, but the majestic Kerr Young strolled through it ably supported by Johnny Fairbairn. The midfield struggled a wee bit last night and that's the least effective I've seen Ross Gray for a long long time, but Lavery's classy finish was enough in the end. Neither keeper had much to do in a game of few clear-cut chances, though 56% possession stats in our favour are a fair reflection of our more composed football. I liked the look of Spartans Nos 4 and 6 - latter worth a look at pre-season in the summer.

Great to see Shielfield packed for a midweek game in Feb, and it's hard to beat a stoked-up cup tie under the lights. Great support from both teams, spoiled only the Junior Chavs-on-ASBOs in the ducket and that clown Hoskins. I understand he threw an unprovoked punch at a long-standing Berwick supporter and received several in return. Both Berwick Rangers and Spartans should look seriously at banning him, and he might want to reflect on whether his behaviour over the last couple of seasons had any influence on his son no longer being involved at Shielfield. None of which should detract from a really enjoyable occasion. Dougie's superb photo of Johnny F at the final whistle captured the mood in the Ducket.

Now for Queens Park at Hampden on Saurday, live on BBC Alba.

Anyone know the score on the Notman and Lavery injuries? Squad still looking thin after the January clearances. Hopefully there'll be some new faces (loans) coming in to strengthen things.

Know it's not funny but apart from some of his mad shouts during games when I watched Spartans a few year back when Deano was there I can't imagine him in punch throwing incidents,what was his reasons for this?I'll have to ask Deano on Sat when I see him,big Dougs the Spartans casual,lol.

Know it's not funny but apart from some of his mad shouts during games when I watched Spartans a few year back when Deano was there I can't imagine him in punch throwing incidents,what was his reasons for this?I'll have to ask Deano on Sat when I see him,big Dougs the Spartans casual,lol.

You stop stirring things it's probably embarrassing enough for the family and club.

Archived