Berwick vs Spartans - Replay

Simplistic

Job done but f**k me that was fucking shite. A quite horrible game to watch, maybe too much at stake, but I've watched better games at lower levels. Ma double on the black in the Queens heed was more exciting. Still a day oot in Edinbra beckons so f**k it, still in it

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job done but f**k me that was fucking shite. A quite horrible game to watch, maybe too much at stake, but I've watched better games at lower levels. Ma double on the black in the Queens heed was more exciting. Still a day oot in Edinbra beckons so f**k it, still in it

pre-match pint in the City Club then, ya walloper! :P

Most of the Spartans fans who attend City games are well-behaved so I don't know if some nasty neds from Pilton took advantage of a trip to Berwick or whether they were the Hibs young team in disguise. Perhaps the ex-City Ultras have latched onto a new cause.... you can bet these hooligans won't be at the next Spartans game, that's for sure.

Would be harsh to blame Spartans for much of the bother considering the amount of hangers on. But Hoskins most likely deserves his sore face if his past behaviour is anything to go by. Didn't notice any incident in the Ducket.

Scrappy game with little football played. Thought our two centre backs were brilliant and Cameron dragged us to victory towards the end. Chuffed still.

Great occasion spoiled only by the game. Man, that was hard to watch. There was quality in both sides (I think..) but you can only assume the occasion and fear of losing turned decent footballing brains to mush. Hump-ball for first 20 mins, smattering of passing; then return to hump-ball until we retreated to the degree that Spartans could pass and sustain some attacks at the end.

It would be easy to lament our good ball-players (Cameron, Gold, Currie, Willis; Maxwell when he came on) inability to put their foot on the ball, pass and keep possession; but what a shift Spartans players put in, pressed everything, gave us no time on the ball. Hope Lavery and Nottie are ok for Saturday. Promotion and outstanding season still on.......-ish.

Would be harsh to blame Spartans for much of the bother considering the amount of hangers on. But Hoskins most likely deserves his sore face if his past behaviour is anything to go by. Didn't notice any incident in the Ducket.

Scrappy game with little football played. Thought our two centre backs were brilliant and Cameron dragged us to victory towards the end. Chuffed still.

Was all kicking off like, punches flying from them, obviously no interest in the football and just got bevvied up and wanted to fight.

Hoskins should know better, especially since he 'works' for the club, and his son used to play for us and what not. Firing abuse and wishing them death, horrible horrible man!

Awful game but take the result, A little bit of handbags at the end from the Spartan neds, then they ran away like the little shits they are. Fair play to the Spartans team they harried and fought and made it difficult for Berwick to get any sort of game going. Good to see the Berwick players celebrate at the end and come over to the Ducket, bring on the Hibees

Awful game but happy to take the result.

Turnstiles a complete joke again for a large crowd, having to send a young child through and having them wait by themself with hundreds milling about as you are forced to go through another turnstile - never heard of a family gate?

As for Hoskins' fitha, let's hope we don't see this foul mouthed imbecile for a long time.

#SpartansSelfie #Grim

False advertising on that pub, says real ale on the door but fook all on the tap, then to make it worse bumped into that reprobate Heed the Baa, good to see you there too lad . If you'd have given me warning I'd have given you a better pose.

Good luck at Hibs, might well see you there.

Grimbo

I don't often post on here but here goes.

Not a great game but a cracking trip out to see the team. Shielfield appeals strongly to my love of old skool football grounds. That said, some of the organisation was fairly poor. I don't know what was going on at the turnstiles but the queues were horrendous. Added to the problem was this strange policy of only taking certain people at certain turnstiles, resulting in kids and parents having to go through different gates and regular incidences where someone got as far as the wrong gate only to be sent back against the 'run of play' to find the right gate. It's a cash gate. What's the difference?

The lighting outside the ground, particularly as fans exited side gates down the flights of stairs behind the stand was horrendous. Very dangerous.

I have to say, I witnessed some incidents both before and after the game that I didn't expect to see at this level. Many years ago I actively chose to watch football at this level because of the absence of that kind of shite. That said, the turnout by both sets of supporters was magnificent for a midweek night and the majority of fans of both sides conducted themselves impeccably despite the lack of segregation. Who'd have thought that across the two ties we'd have seen 4500 people attend. There's life in the old game yet.

Best of luck to Berwick in the next round. You deserved to progress.

My God. What a match. 2 great games in 4 days at Shielfield - but what a contrast.

This was a brute of a game. Spartans had precious little skill, but they must have been dining out on Duracells for a month. Never stopped running and snapping at our heels, so the ball was constantly in the air or in touch.

Awful game for anyone wanting to watch football but the atmosphere was electric. Kerr Young was immense last night and it was great to see the way the entire playing staff celebrated in front of the Ducket at the end.

Lessons to be learned I suppose on the turnstiles but where else would you see the club chairman manning an emergency gate? Don't expect Abramovich doing that any time soon.

Didn't witness any of the Spartans neds, just hope someone pissed in Hoskins petrol tank.

So, off to Hibs where we can enjoy the day out whatever the result, and trouser a huge wad of cash.

False advertising on that pub, says real ale on the door but fook all on the tap, then to make it worse bumped into that reprobate Heed the Baa, good to see you there too lad . If you'd have given me warning I'd have given you a better pose.

Good luck at Hibs, might well see you there.

Grimbo

good to see you again pal, horrendous game but a cracking occasion

I don't often post on here but here goes.

Not a great game but a cracking trip out to see the team. Shielfield appeals strongly to my love of old skool football grounds. That said, some of the organisation was fairly poor. I don't know what was going on at the turnstiles but the queues were horrendous. Added to the problem was this strange policy of only taking certain people at certain turnstiles, resulting in kids and parents having to go through different gates and regular incidences where someone got as far as the wrong gate only to be sent back against the 'run of play' to find the right gate. It's a cash gate. What's the difference?

The lighting outside the ground, particularly as fans exited side gates down the flights of stairs behind the stand was horrendous. Very dangerous.

I have to say, I witnessed some incidents both before and after the game that I didn't expect to see at this level. Many years ago I actively chose to watch football at this level because of the absence of that kind of shite. That said, the turnout by both sets of supporters was magnificent for a midweek night and the majority of fans of both sides conducted themselves impeccably despite the lack of segregation. Who'd have thought that across the two ties we'd have seen 4500 people attend. There's life in the old game yet.

Best of luck to Berwick in the next round. You deserved to progress.

The difference being they are counted through the gates on a clicker so you need to marry up the cash with the numbers coming through, how can you have 50 kids and 50 adults going through the same one? Big difference between 100 £12's and 100 £2's.

The difference being they are counted through the gates on a clicker so you need to marry up the cash with the numbers coming through, how can you have 50 kids and 50 adults going through the same one? Big difference between 100 £12's and 100 £2's.

I'm no expert on the practicalities of running a football club but how does "two clickers" sound?

Archived