Berwick vs Spartans - Replay

Simplistic

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would firstly like to comment on the spartans fans flying punches to berwick fans at the tunnel absolute scum that they are .

And secondly I'm very pleased that hoskins has left due to the fact that his dad is an absolute arsehole after walking out and seeing him threading a group of men and wishing death on them.

Get it up them!!

Would firstly like to comment on the spartans fans flying punches to berwick fans at the tunnel absolute scum that they are .

And secondly I'm very pleased that hoskins has left due to the fact that his dad is an absolute arsehole after walking out and seeing him threading a group of men and wishing death on them.

Get it up them!!

Drinks in wits oot by sound of it.

Your club end up in bother for failing to control crowd :o

Credit where credit is due Spartans gave us a good game and if extra time had happened there was only one winner and it wasn't Berwick.

Spartans should have had pen early in 1st half but I felt we were comfortable and deserved the lead.

2nd half very even with them possibly edging it?

We seemed to struggle to shift the ball quick enough for some reason and I thought Cameron with his composure made a big difference for us in the last ten minutes.

Great to see a fantastic crowd there tonight. Some of the turnstile access was a shamble, why we do not learn is beyond me. The lack of light helps no-one and the youngster I was paying in being asked to go in a separate line to me was a total joke but I told them to piss off as I wasn't leaving the wee man to walk in himself!!

Onwards and upwards the dream continues.

Think the minority spartans fans want to be ashamed of themselves. If they even are Spartan fans and not down just for one match. Throwing punches and spitting on people just wasn't on. I'll take a punch. But spitting on people. Disgusting. Granted they done it in retaliation. They called us arseholes. We said cheerio. Disgusting. Should be ashamed. Same with dougie hoskins. He spouts he has some involvement with spartans. He made yous look terrible tonight. Wishing berwick fans dead. Again. Disgusting.

Think the minority spartans fans want to be ashamed of themselves. If they even are Spartan fans and not down just for one match. Throwing punches and spitting on people just wasn't on. I'll take a punch. But spitting on people. Disgusting. Granted they done it in retaliation. They called us arseholes. We said cheerio. Disgusting. Should be ashamed. Same with dougie hoskins. He spouts he has some involvement with spartans. He made yous look terrible tonight. Wishing berwick fans dead. Again. Disgusting.

Spartans took 11 full supporters buses tonight that's realistically 9/10 times more than a normal home game.

You'll no doubt have yer fair share of muppets now for yer day oot at Easter Road ?

Least tescodave wants to talk football

Spartans took 11 full supporters buses tonight that's realistically 9/10 times more than a normal home game.

You'll no doubt have yer fair share of muppets now for yer day oot at Easter Road ?

Least tescodave wants to talk football

Aye there probably will be a few muppets. I'd put my house on it that they don't go spitting at people and wishing them dead in their journey home though.

On the game side of things. We won. Shite game.

Poor game. Spartans had a couple of chances early on, including a scramble. We scored from a corner. Spartans another stramash chance after HT, we'd one cleared from the goalmouth, they hit the crossbar late on. Struggle to think of much else. Just relieved to progress.

Neither side seemed to find their rhythm. We controlled more possession. Spartans suffered nerves, possibly.

I don't know what to think of the decision to drop Henderson and play 4-5-1. It didn't work very well, but it worked well enough to score and not concede and win, so I suppose it goes down as "horses for courses". Admittedly losing Notman to injury in the first half wasn't in the plan. It certainly wasn't Saturdays flowing display, but it wasn't the previous Saturday's second half either. Mixed.

Turnstile situation - ludicrous. Crowd of 1,500+ expected (actually 2,003) including 550 known to be arriving in bus convoy... so we only open the usual 3/4 main stand gates, then apparently try to enforce the usual practice of 1 for adults, 1 for kids and 1 for concessions?!?! What is the point of having 2 turnstile blocks. Queues up to the back gardens and almost Shielfield Terrace. Mayhem.

In the end they opened the fire exit and used it as an extra turnstile which would help. Looked like everyone got in by 8:15pm... hopefully all were in by KO around 8:05pm.

Also, it'd be good if a fraction of the £200k made from playing Hibs could also be used to (re)install some outside lighting.

And yes, the behaviour of a few 'Spartans' fans at the end was disappointing - but vast majority were perfectly well-behaved, let's not forget that. Over both ties over 4,500 people paid at the gate into unsegregated accommodation with no trouble to speak of, in terms of safety or disorder, and that is a credit to both clubs and the lower echelons of Scottish football more generally.

Magnificent run from Spartans to make it this far and there wasn't a lot in it over 180mins... Huge tie for us at Hibs but league business in interim.

Archived