Berwick vs Spartans - Replay

Simplistic

Berwick, no doubt on that front... Hibs regularly reach the sharp-end of cup competitions, for Berwick to do so would be a once-in-a-generation occurrence. It could be tempered slightly in this instance by the "110-odd years since Hibs won the Scottish Cup" factor but if we win on Tuesday night I'd be in the Berwick end nonetheless, hopefully, backing a Berwick win.

Interestingly we had not played each other for over 30 years until we met in the League Cup in 2011-12. (Even including the EOS Shield - it would still be not much less than that). Made a promising start but got pumped 5-0 in the end.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More worrying than the results is that we lost Swainy with an eye injury today, not sure if he'll make Tuesday? Mind you Granty was a brilliant stand in. I much prefer him to be an outfield player mind, I do hope Sammy has taken the gloves off him.

We might be the under dogs but we've got 10 coaches going down so I hope they've ordered enough pies?

Grimbo

Big selection dilemma now for Cameron after yesterday's performance.

Can he recover to play again on Tuesday? Will he anyway if he brings Fairbairn back? I wonder if he might move Notman to right back and keep himself in the team.

Seeing has I'm Spartans unofficial P&B gobshitepiece (that's saved tam the bas I mean bam a post), I've had some requests for our trip down on Tuesday, not sure if you'll be able to help but here goes...

How much do the prawn sammidges cost down in merry old Engerland & I know at least 3 of our 7 Tarquins are vegetarian, would you be catering for them? Where's the nearest bistro? That's from Sir Ronny McDonald.

Where's the best place post-match to purchase the services of an Eastern European "nanny", not sure what that's about maybe some of you more enlightened Englishers might be a tad more savvy than me?

If the weather's fine where's the ideal picnic spot (away from any local oiks) that's from someone called Bolly in the Bentley?

Do we need to bring our own comfy butlers to sit on or are there any "special" seats available, that's from soar Alba Giles. Says he's prepared to pay a supplement & is the pink pound good currency. Aye, lost me too.

Are welly-bobs de rigueur at one of these shindy's? Miss Money-Sterling of Stirling.

Oh & 1 from me, do they sell mushy peas down there?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Grimbo

It's not like we've ever been the most popular club anyway, hence our song. Ha. Makes it all the sweeter if we do win.

Who really cares enough about Berwick to not like them? Bit bizarre, can't remember Berwick ever doing anything to really annoy anyone.

People just love an underdog.

I see on Twitter that Spartans have now sold over 400 places on their £2 bus scheme, so when you add private arrangements and those travelling by train or car they're clearly going to get a big turnout.

I hope our own fans arrive in good numbers too given the opportunity at stake. Good result tomorrow would help.

I'm sure Queen of the South were told similar last season HJ ...

post-35012-14240290552825_thumb.jpg

Who really cares enough about Berwick to not like them? Bit bizarre, can't remember Berwick ever doing anything to really annoy anyone.

People just love an underdog.

I can't remember us ever playing in my life time, so how would you know?

howay Rab ye ken how they work, they have someone go into the leisure centre next door, coont them and add them onto the attendance ????????

:lol: ... and don't forget they are on the flight path for the airport Heed ...

Can you buy Berwick scarves, hats, rosettes etc at the ground?

Judging by this thread alone, Berwick need to do Scottish football a favour and end Spartans' cup run. I've never seen a club with more cringeworthy fans and officials, and that's saying something given we play Montrose four times a year!

f**k me, you think this is cringeworthy wait til we beats youse, mind you probably won't bother to see how bad we get then eh?

A wee Lowland League team taking on the might of the SPFL if we can't go mad now when are we allowed to?

Good luck on the rest of your league campaign. ;)

Grimbo

Can't wait for this.

Tough call for the manager - does he stick with Saturday's team, or twist and bring Fairbairn back in? My guess is we'll also see a more mobile presence up top, with Russell starting after he took the third goal beautifully v Arbroath.

With a big away support coming down, wonder if we'll manage a four -figure crowd? It's all set up nicely for a repeat of the greatest Shielfield cup disaster of all time v Meadowbank in 1994 ish, when Marc Osborne inflicted lifelong post-traumatic stress disorder on several generations of Berwick fans. Dear God.

Bald

Jacobs Young Notman Drummond

Gray Cameron Currie Willis Lavery

Russell

Archived