Berwick vs Spartans - Replay

Simplistic

So, were down to the final nine, which needs to become eight.

Looking forward to our trip South and working on travel plans.

Club has offered to subsidise the travel so seats on the buses will be just £2 a head. Hoping we can get a good support to come down with us.

We were the under dogs at home, even more so away.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one has the remotest idea which Berwick team will turn up on the day. I've watched them for 39 years and can't recall a more frustrating side than the current one. Technically good (despite evidence to the contrary on Saturday), but with the concentration of a gnat and the heart of a sheep, this one's wide open. Spartans finished much the stronger at Ainlie Park, though they may find the wide acres of a bumpy Shielfield pitch more of a challenge than the home team on the night.

We need our midfield to turn up next Tuesday. Good to see Ben Miller back in the squad after his recall from Arniston, but Lee Currie has to start earning his wages. No more excuses. A tough league fixture at home to Arbroath on Saturday isn't exactly the ideal prep for us, and I can see them putting four or five past us if players hold back for the cup replay. It's up to the management to make sure that does'nt happen.

I still fancy us to win this, but think it'll be tight. I'll go for 2-1.

Asked a question by the press and answered it. Nobody at the club is talking about Hibs today. yesterday was about the draw, today and every day until next week is about the Berwick game. We were under dogs at home, were even bigger away. We're enjoying the cup experience. We just delighted to be named alongside Clyde, Morton, Berwick Rangers and potentially Hibs.

We've filled up a couple of Bevy to BeErwick buses already that will be setting off earlier than the rest of the coaches.

England beware the Spartans Army will be invading. Wouldn't surprise me if we have more fans there than the home support.

Although I do hope because of the importance of this match there will be a big Berwick turn out.

So need a bit of info on how to get to the Curfew from the ground, or a local taxi number?

Buzzing already & we've got another warm up match tomorrow to get through. I can feel a sickie coming on for next Wednesday too. ;)

Grimbo

This just got a lot more important after finding out that the gave v hIbs is to be televised on sky sports on Sunday the 8th March at 12;45... Tv money plus half the gate receipts of a 10k crowd can have a massive boost to each club... But spartans could use it wisely seen as when we have money available our gaffer doesn't like to spend, he just frees up wages for nothing..

We've filled up a couple of Bevy to BeErwick buses already that will be setting off earlier than the rest of the coaches.

England beware the Spartans Army will be invading. Wouldn't surprise me if we have more fans there than the home support.

Although I do hope because of the importance of this match there will be a big Berwick turn out.

So need a bit of info on how to get to the Curfew from the ground, or a local taxi number?

Buzzing already & we've got another warm up match tomorrow to get through. I can feel a sickie coming on for next Wednesday too. ;)

Grimbo

15 minute walk. Downhill from the ground, turn left. Keep going past The Angel pub, next right, left at the bottom, cross the river on the old bridge, turn right past Barrels Inn, Curfew is up an alley on your left 50 yards later.....

Or look up a taxi number on Yell.

Anybody else getting pissed off with all this Spartans hype , hibs v Spartans, Spartans go through, bla bla bla. Still got a replay to go, no mention of berwick, same with the highlights from Saturday it was as if there was only one team playing.

However part of the blame has to go with our team of bottlers who should really have got the job done on Saturday and would be focusing on this weekends game without the replay to look at.

Should get past them on Tuesday?

Anybody else getting pissed off with all this Spartans hype , hibs v Spartans, Spartans go through, bla bla bla. Still got a replay to go, no mention of berwick, same with the highlights from Saturday it was as if there was only one team playing.

However part of the blame has to go with our team of bottlers who should really have got the job done on Saturday and would be focusing on this weekends game without the replay to look at.

Should get past them on Tuesday?

Everyone would rather Spartans won, sorry.

I see on Twitter that Spartans have now sold over 400 places on their £2 bus scheme, so when you add private arrangements and those travelling by train or car they're clearly going to get a big turnout.

I hope our own fans arrive in good numbers too given the opportunity at stake. Good result tomorrow would help.

I see on Twitter that Spartans have now sold over 400 places on their £2 bus scheme, so when you add private arrangements and those travelling by train or car they're clearly going to get a big turnout.

I hope our own fans arrive in good numbers too given the opportunity at stake. Good result tomorrow would help.

You know me HJ, not one for exaggeration but I reckon you can double that number near enough of how big the Spartan Army will be.

Do I need my passport? ;)

Grimbo

I was pretty gloomy at FT last week... However our good performance and result today, coupled with the fact Spartans got beaten 3-0 at home to Edinburgh City on Tuesday and 2-0 at home to Vale of Leithen today, has left me more heartened. Still be a tough task but I feel more optimistic.

I was pretty gloomy at FT last week... However our good performance and result today, coupled with the fact Spartans got beaten 3-0 at home to Edinburgh City on Tuesday and 2-0 at home to Vale of Leithen today, has left me more heartened. Still be a tough task but I feel more optimistic.

A question for you HJ who would you support if Berwick won and met Hibs?

Archived