Stirling Albion vs Ayr United

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Ayr, they were lethal up front and it was a convincing win. We made it easy for you however, but our Defensive frailties have been well documented on this board.

When McDonald was sacked, I said at that point that Ian McCall would be a great choice as manger, he didn't get our job (I don't even know if he applied) but he is now starting to show that he was out of the game for too long.

That's it for us now, back to League 2. McLaren might not be saying it publicly but must surely be thinking it. We're not good enough to claw back the points, the defensive problems should have been addressed before now, so let's hope work is being done to address them over the summer.

A major clear out of players is needed, yesterday proved that.

That's it for us now, back to League 2. McLaren might not be saying it publicly but must surely be thinking it. We're not good enough to claw back the points, the defensive problems should have been addressed before now, so let's hope work is being done to address them over the summer.

The problem for Stirling (apart from not being very good, clearly) is that it's so hard in this league to get a run of form that actually takes you up the league because all the teams are so even. We've lost 1 in 10, and although we've climbed a few points away from 9th really we haven't made much progress up the league. Brechin are unbeaten in 12(?) league games, yet aren't even in the play-off spots (although they should be after their games in hand). It's so hard to actually get a run of wins which is what you would need.

Having said that, you're at home to Stenny on the last game, so if you can outperform them by 6 points over the next 11 games you'd go into that game with a win to finish 9th. That's me trying to be positive.

When McDonald was sacked, I said at that point that Ian McCall would be a great choice as manger, he didn't get our job (I don't even know if he applied) but he is now starting to show that he was out of the game for too long.

Out of interest why do you think its showing that he's been out the game to long?

If Roberts was still in charge our gate would be sub 500 by now in all likelihood and you probabaly would have horsed us yesterday. McCall has taken the reigns over a squad with zero confidence and fitness levels getting close to my own.

He's steadied the ship and started to pick up points, its been night and day from my perspective since he arrived over the previous regime.

Out of interest why do you think its showing that he's been out the game to long?

If Roberts was still in charge our gate would be sub 500 by now in all likelihood and you probably would have horsed us yesterday. McCall has taken the reigns over a squad with zero confidence and fitness levels getting close to my own.

He's steadied the ship and started to pick up points, its been night and day from my perspective since he arrived over the previous regime.

I think his/her post was actually in support of McCall.

If Roberts was still in charge our gate would be sub 500 by now in all likelihood and you probabaly would have horsed us yesterday. McCall has taken the reigns over a squad with zero confidence and fitness levels getting close to my own.

Still swedgered this morning then , gid lad

bounce.jpg

Apparently the football wasn't a romantic date, sold Stenny as that a couple of weeks ago haha.

But yeah was on the sauce last night........hangover + dyslexia = poor reading ability.

Still though I stand by 90% of the post, McCall has steadied the ship!

It's only been a few weeks but you can already see we look more inventive at set pieces.

Next four games are huge; Peterhead (home & away), Forfar (home) and Dunfermline (away), I think six points from that lot would be a good haul.

Archived