Stirling Albion vs Ayr United

Looking forwards to this one as we'll get to see Kevin "Superstar" McKinlay in action.

A week off will hopefully have done us some good particularly with our new signings for them gelling with the rest of the squad, not a 6 pointer but certainly a must win for both sides.

3-0 Ayr.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest honestrae95

no Ayr 1-2 Stirling Ayr have a shit attack and Stirling have a strong one remember ?

If I could understand your post, I might be able to voice my opinion on it. Until then I'm going for 2-0 Ayr.

If we're ever going to win again this season (I know) then Saturday is a fairly good opportunity.

Peter Murphy should slot into the back three, presumably for JPM who can replace Gilmour in midfield. Jordan Preston cant be any worse than Ryan Donnelly up front but we NEED to create some chances for these guys and not just rely on picking up scraps in midfield.

If we're ever going to win again this season (I know) then Saturday is a fairly good opportunity.

Peter Murphy should slot into the back three, presumably for JPM who can replace Gilmour in midfield. Jordan Preston cant be any worse than Ryan Donnelly up front but we NEED to create some chances for these guys and not just rely on picking up scraps in midfield.

Would hope that we are playing 2 up top if Donnelly starts, he clearly needs a strike partner of some sort hopefully Preston is the answer.

Looking forwards to this one as we'll get to see Kevin "Superstar" McKinlay in action.

A week off will hopefully have done us some good particularly with our new signings for them gelling with the rest of the squad, not a 6 pointer but certainly a must win for both sides.

3-0 Ayr.

Have to disagree with it not being a 6 pointer, Albion MUST win this game and if we do it will cut the gap to 3 points with Ayr having a game in hand. If Ayr win then the gap widens to 9 points and with a game in hand. Could be make or break game for the Albion`s chances of survival in League 1, win and we have a fighting chance to stay up or at least get the 2nd bottom playoff spot, lose and I would think its goodbye League 1 hello basement again.

Also we need to start winning at home and Saturday`s game with Ayr will be the ideal time to get our 1st home win of the season. it will be a close game imo with both sides not wanting to lose this one.

Prediction Stirling Albion 2 Ayr 1 :thumsup2

Would hope that we are playing 2 up top if Donnelly starts, he clearly needs a strike partner of some sort hopefully Preston is the answer.

Are we going to drop Forrest for Preston in that case? I highly doubt it. The only way this happens is if we go to 4-4-2 and play Forrest out wide, can't see it.

Donnelly is absolute dugshite as well, I dont see why people want to play a guy who has scored seven goals in his last three seasons.

Be interesting to see how we line up. If Murphy is fit i'm not really sure where he fits in other than a straight swap for JP? Also interesting to see who partners Preston up front. Thought Shirkie did alright leading the line against Dunf, don't think Forrest-bar his 30yarder- has really done much up front. Drops far too deep and completely isolates his strike partner and never runs in behind. Not sure where he can play in a 3-5-2 really. I'm not saying i don't rate him before every gets upset, i'm just not sure where his best position is.

Hutton

Devlin

Murphy

Neill

Murray

Donald

Blakeman

Crawford

Robertson

Shirkie

Preston

I think Forrest has done OK up front, I'm sure McCall said his job is to drop in and link up the play between the midfield and the striker and that's what he's tried to do. The problem is that nothing sticks with Donnelly up front so the midfield have become far too predictable moving the ball side to side and not a lot more. Whenever we play a pass up to Donnelly he loses it and it comes right back on top of us. I know its a higher level of opposition but when we played Killie he didn't win a single ball against their back four, not one! I hope the lad Preston is a LOT stronger and knows how to hold the ball up so that guys like Forrest, Robertson and JPM actually have a chance of getting involved in attacks. Ideally Craig Beattie would be doing this role but he's a useless fart.

Is JPM not the official captain now? Like to think he is a bit more effective than Gilmour in the middle of the park. I'd go with this;

Hutton

Neill

Murphy

Devlin

Murray

Robertson

JPM

Crawford

Donald

Forrest

Preston

Are we going to drop Forrest for Preston in that case? I highly doubt it. The only way this happens is if we go to 4-4-2 and play Forrest out wide, can't see it.

Donnelly is absolute dugshite as well, I dont see why people want to play a guy who has scored seven goals in his last three seasons.

I think Forrest has done OK up front, I'm sure McCall said his job is to drop in and link up the play between the midfield and the striker and that's what he's tried to do. The problem is that nothing sticks with Donnelly up front so the midfield have become far too predictable moving the ball side to side and not a lot more. Whenever we play a pass up to Donnelly he loses it and it comes right back on top of us. I know its a higher level of opposition but when we played Killie he didn't win a single ball against their back four, not one! I hope the lad Preston is a LOT stronger and knows how to hold the ball up so that guys like Forrest, Robertson and JPM actually have a chance of getting involved in attacks. Ideally Craig Beattie would be doing this role but he's a useless fart.

Is JPM not the official captain now? Like to think he is a bit more effective than Gilmour in the middle of the park. I'd go with this;

Hutton

Neill

Murphy

Devlin

Murray

Robertson

JPM

Crawford

Donald

Forrest

Preston

Not hard to see that you are not a big fan of Donnelly. Your assessment of Donnelly holding the ball up is wrong in my opinion. Granted when its hoofed up to him the chances of him winning any of the high balls is minimal, but when it is put into his feet I think his first touch is good, and lays it off most times than not.

Just how much time do our midfield need to move with the play? We take an eternity to hit on the break!

This is a real bug bearer of mine at just how slow we are at breaking forward, particularly moving the ball out to the wide areas. Although considering what both our wide men have been offering of late it makes sod all difference giving them the ball anyway.

I said before, I think its only fair to judge him when he is partnered up front with someone half decent. He has scored 5 for us this season including cup games which is the same as Moffat who is full time and theoretically playing with a squad of better players.

Looking forward to this one. Must win for both teams so I expect/hope it to be an exciting encounter. Stirling only managed a draw at somerset last time round and we were especially poor that game so I'm confident with McCall now we can go up there and get a good result. Having Murphy fit would be a huge boost for us as we look more stable as a team with him in defence. Hopefully Preston and Robertson can start off with good performances as I think they will be important signings in order for us to stay up.

Confident we will win and going for 3-1 Ayr with Preston (x2) and Neill scoring for Ayr.

Preferred team line up; post-43636-14234994050096_thumb.jpg

Not hard to see that you are not a big fan of Donnelly. Your assessment of Donnelly holding the ball up is wrong in my opinion. Granted when its hoofed up to him the chances of him winning any of the high balls is minimal, but when it is put into his feet I think his first touch is good, and lays it off most times than not.

Just how much time do our midfield need to move with the play? We take an eternity to hit on the break!

This is a real bug bearer of mine at just how slow we are at breaking forward, particularly moving the ball out to the wide areas. Although considering what both our wide men have been offering of late it makes sod all difference giving them the ball anyway.

I said before, I think its only fair to judge him when he is partnered up front with someone half decent. He has scored 5 for us this season including cup games which is the same as Moffat who is full time and theoretically playing with a squad of better players.

You're right, I think he is too weak to influence a game. He was brilliant at Airdrie for a season or so and then completely fell off a cliff. Disappointing but I firmly believe that he's a passenger in our team and don't expect McCall to use him much going forward now that he has another option.

I agree we have been slow to break up the park, Donald has had a poor season and I'm not overly impressed with Murray yet. Works hard but not much end product yet. It's unfortunate McGill couldn't keep up his early season form as I thought he looked very promising initially (how many times have we said that!)

Archived