Ross County vs Motherwell - The Big One

The win should give us confidence to push on, I think we have the easiest run in to the split of the the 3 teams.

Yes I was looking at the run in just now. It's promising that we no long have to play Celtic, Aberdeen and ICT. St Mirren seem to have the hardest set of fixtures although they do have the advantage of having to play us at home in April which could be a massive match.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I was looking at the run in just now. It's promising that we no long have to play Celtic, Aberdeen and ICT. St Mirren seem to have the hardest set of fixtures although they do have the advantage of having to play us at home in April which could be a massive match.

Is a home game an advantage for St Mirren?

5 goals in Dingwall and we score 3 of them :thumsup2

Curran ran himself in to the ground, often appearing to chase lost causes but non the less giving 100%-well done him.

Respect to the away support who were noisy and backed their side-good effort.

What did the banner in the away end say, couldn't quite read it. Something about roses are red?

Overheard a conversation between away fans as I left the ground. They didn't sound confident about their prospects for the rest of the season.

You're welcome c*unty!!!

Many thanks.

Jesus. That was a shock. We're suddenly only 3 points away from 10th and boy oh boy. I have this odd feeling of hope creeping in now. What a difference 90 minutes makes.

"There is not much between our team and teams like Hamilton and Inverness, who are in the top six."

Ruben Palazuelos.

ETA: I'm really pleased to hear that, cos those are a couple of decent teams, and from far away I had been under the impression we were rubbish. I'm now much more looking forward to going to today's game.

^^Ruben kens the score. Don't know what you lot have been whinging about ;)

That was quite enjoyable overall. County definitely have some capable players, for me today Gardyne was excellent and I wasn't disappointed with my first viewing of Boyce, who pre-season was a signing I had high hopes for. 3 great finishes, a couple with good buildup too. I don't know what I would do if I was in the manager's shoes myself, but I always get uptight when you start sitting back too much after opening up a lead. As soon as we went 3-1 there was basically no interest in attacking any more, and that ripped us of some good momentum as well as encouraging Motherwell to play a bit, up until which I hadn't thought they'd looked especially dangerous. It really got me nervous, and I wasn't at all surprised that Motherwell made the most of it. Terrific result though, and (from the perspective of a supporter who's only been to one game all season!) I see real reasons for hope. Not suggesting we're suddenly going to start picking up a lot more points, but every reason to believe that between now and the end of the season we can pick up 4 more than Motherwell and at least avoid the automatic drop.

Having said all that, a big part of me is truly gutted by what happened today, as I had been planning unleashing my second ever gif on people this evening, but it doesn't work so well after that result! I made Mr Spain a Valentine's promise though... I'm in the middle of packing cases for flying back out to <<where I live>> early tomorrow morning, but I might just have to edit the gif and get it out there anyway...

I thought Gardyne was excellent throughout. He was incredibly busy both defensively and in his usual attacking role. His linkup play with Boyce was superb. His turn and cross for the third goal was superb, a sweet volley from De Vita to finish the move.

The much maligned Woods had a stonking game, if he can have a few more games like that well he will justify his midfield position every week. However he hasn't shown what he can do enough. But he was excellent today. Wonderful strike for our first goal.

Quinn also put in a performance that we haven't really seen since he scored the own goal for Aberdeen. Great header for his goal and again another cracking cross from Gardyne.

Ross County needed the win and we got it, and thoroughly deserved it. Only three points from total safety and a glimmer of hope that we might just escape. Thought the free kick Motherwell scored from was a big dive. Well placed and great technique though.

5 goals in Dingwall and we score 3 of them :thumsup2

Curran ran himself in to the ground, often appearing to chase lost causes but non the less giving 100%-well done him.

Respect to the away support who were noisy and backed their side-good effort.

What did the banner in the away end say, couldn't quite read it. Something about roses are red?

Overheard a conversation between away fans as I left the ground. They didn't sound confident about their prospects for the rest of the season.

post-50041-14239563980384_thumb.jpg

Not long back from Dingwall, county deserved the win.

It doesn't matter whatever back four permutation that we have played this season they do not provide a solid base to work off. Preventing crosses coming into the box, seeing man and ball at all times, seeing danger and aggresively attacking the ball are not the attributes that our defenders have, therefore we are chasing games most of the time.

Positives- keeper looks good, Grant in spells, Erwin in spells (must play up front) Johnson has great pace. Disappointing not to see Dom Thomas on the park.

Archived