Airdrie vs Forfar - pay what you can!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game was decided by the penalty / sending off. Was very soft but if it was other end I would have wanted it. Thought we looked very poor at the back, Half time stuff was like a parody.

No it wasn't. We controlled it until then and were poor after the sending off. I suggest you watch the recorded game then rethink your post.

We were much better than Forfar. It was an absolute cruise for us. The only downside is that we never really took advantage of the extra man.

Not a dive IMHO but not a foul therefore not a penalty and a total travesty of a red card. Not sure it would've prevented the Loons losing as, frankly, we weren't at the races.

Only good point was that the whole TV audience saw how bad referees are at this level.

Getting in before Fred this week. The officials were very poor today, to the point where the possible outcome of the match was affected. Not an excuse; we did not deserve to win, but with officials like this what chance has anybody got?

Forfar were being comfortably outplayed and a goal down before the penalty decision - it does seem to be a habit of these wee chippy Angus bumpkin clubs to accuse the referees of sabotaging their clubs on a weekly basis. Truly a bizarre, tear-crusted outlook on the world.

Forfar were being comfortably outplayed and a goal down before the penalty decision

I don't think anyone would argue that point. Doesn't meant would have stayed that way. After all previous game away to Airdrie was the same and we won 2-1. That's what I meant earlier when I said the penalty / sending off decided the game, because at 1-0 ,eleven against eleven with 70 minutes remaining we still had a chance no matter how the first 20 minutes had shaped up.

In saying that thought we were slack throughout the game, either with ten men or eleven. At least Morton v. Brechin was a draw, with top four playing each other next week shaping up to be pivotal to league and play offs.

Second time I've seen the lad Fraser form United and he looks a real prospect, wish we'd got him rather than Smith!

Never a penalty or a dive, more of a stumble. Referee was nonsense and the foul in the first half he gave against Campbell on the touchline was ludicrous. Having said that, it was Airdrie who looked the better side at 1-0 and looked like adding to their lead but the ref did make it a tad more easier.

Not sure about the penalty, probably wasn't one but for some reason Malin put his hands on the back of Prunty which gives the referee a decision to make, not very clever defending.

I'm pretty confident we would have won anyway, we look pretty solid at the back and Fraser was on good form. His flick for the penalty and his composure for the goal are the kind of things you rarely see at this level. Also thought that although Dodds will always win the aerial battle Lister had him on toast anytime the ball was in wider areas, which led to the first and third goals.

The next two games will decide our season, Stenny away and Stirling at home, win those and we put to bed any worries about finishing 9th and could have a run at the play-offs. If we lose next week we could get drawn back into a battle for 9th. Although even then I can't see Stenny going on the kind of run required, and us losing the number of games required.

Archived