Airdrie vs Forfar - pay what you can!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting in before Fred this week. The officials were very poor today, to the point where the possible outcome of the match was affected. Not an excuse; we did not deserve to win, but with officials like this what chance has anybody got?

I,ve been saying this for weeks and finally you see .

Guest bernardblack

Disappointed yesterday. We were abysmal, officials weren't much better.

Wasn't a penalty but Malin gavel the referee a decision to make with his hands up like that.

Yano looked like he was about to implode and lose the rag again.

Hilson needs to start next week, DC needs to start dropping some of his regulars.

Have a look at the pics on www.robertdalzell.co.uk . Malin's knee clips the back of Prunty's leg and then he puts hands on Prunty's upper arm. Think Prunty did try to stay on his feet but stumbled to ground . Every manager and supporter in the land would be raging if they didn't get a penalty and a red for that . Well done Robert for the conclusive pics . However soft, it is still a penalty and red card every time . Would encourage Mr. Campbell to have a look as if it was the other end he would be going ballistic if he didn't get a pen.

we were piss poor all game but we have started games like that quite a lot this season but managed to turn it around later in the game.

we have only had 2 red cards this season and both from the same ref and neither of them were reds

Listened to Prunty after the game and he said he never asked for a penalty but that the ref gave one and he just got on with it.

Dods is too slow and was at fault for all three goals - getting turned for the first and third and not clearing the ball prior to the flick through to prunty.

As a Forfarian in exile in the land of the Saxons, I was really looking forward to this on BBC Alba. Now I know Forfar are a part-time outfit and I know that a little money has to go a long way but having watched Dods struggle really badly for pace and position I can't believe he's the best option Forfar has. If he was horse he'd have been sent to the knackers yard years ago. It was truly painful to watch and he played a part in both the first goals. Honestly, after the first 15 minutes I couldn't take my eyes off him. Nice lad he may be and a footballer he might have been. But sadly no more.

If Dods was a horse then he would be glue with a jacket on. The pics from Dalzell convinced me that it was a stonewall penalty, despite the fact that prunty will hit the deck too easily.

Fair result on the day, for most of us it was obvious that Bollan got his tactics spot on with big Jimmy leading the horse out to the wings and the midfield bombing into the center.

Poor start to the game from us and we never really recovered after that. Didnt think it was a penalty and the subsequent sending off just killed the game. We rallied in the 2nd half and battled well but Airdrie were always going to catch us cold especially with it being 11 v 10.

Cant really slaughter Dods as I think he has been great all season. Maybe at his age, the winter months and the season as a whole has taken its toll on him. Lister certainly took him to the cleaners so a spell on the sidelines and let him have a breather probably the best idea.

Big game next week, need to take something, but im pretty confident when we are at home. Away form not the best just now.

for godsake man just please be honest.poor start? rallied? Dods is finished.sadly so is Derek young. This was so embarrassingly bad. everything I don't want to see my team doing. hoofing it anywhere.again,and again. and again. and then some more. antique fitba..like the half time fester entertainment.

for godsake man just please be honest.poor start? rallied? Dods is finished.sadly so is Derek young. This was so embarrassingly bad. everything I don't want to see my team doing. hoofing it anywhere.again,and again. and again. and then some more. antique fitba..like the half time fester entertainment.

I just post what I see from the game and I am not in a constant rage like you seem to be. Tend to agree about Dods, if you think Young is finished then I cant find the energy to debate with you as we seem to be a world apart in opinions.

I'm with Cresto on Young - top boy - and his Dods bit about him needing a rest (if Dunlop is fit, or Baxter, allowing Travis into the middle). But you got it right about hoofball, Mr Pink's way, typified by a puffing Sanny kept on for the whole 90. Thanks Yano, but surely confirms James or Steeves is a better option.

Apparently we're appealing the sending off. Not sure worth the money that could be lost myself.

Doubt it'll get overturned as it's not clear cut enough if there wasn't any contact and they'll probably take into account the Refs view of it.

Personally for me I reckon it was soft and would be raging if it was given against us, what I will say though is there was no "simulation" from Prunty and once he'd given the penalty, going by the rules of preventing a clear goal scoring chance, there was no other option than a red card.

Doubt it'll get overturned as it's not clear cut enough if there wasn't any contact and they'll probably take into account the Refs view of it.

Personally for me I reckon it was soft and would be raging if it was given against us, what I will say though is there was no "simulation" from Prunty and once he'd given the penalty, going by the rules of preventing a clear goal scoring chance, there was no other option than a red card.

That's pretty much my take on it as well. And with three central midfielders on the bench I just don't think the appeal merits it.

Have a look at the pics on www.robertdalzell.co.uk . Malin's knee clips the back of Prunty's leg and then he puts hands on Prunty's upper arm. Think Prunty did try to stay on his feet but stumbled to ground . Every manager and supporter in the land would be raging if they didn't get a penalty and a red for that . Well done Robert for the conclusive pics . However soft, it is still a penalty and red card every time . Would encourage Mr. Campbell to have a look as if it was the other end he would be going ballistic if he didn't get a pen.

everything said here spot on. Plus ,on the football side of it only 1 team tried to pass the ball. Forfars no 4 hoofed the ball out the park so many times I lost count, embarrassing at times long ball played to temple man, Forfar were much better last time at airdrie when temple man on the bench, d youngs studs up challenge shocking, dodds deliberate studs raked down pruntys ankle shocking in 53rd min. Did mr Campbell complain about these? No, he turned round to me and my mate and gave us a stupid wee laugh. What goes around comes around.

Archived