Airdrie vs Forfar - pay what you can!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applaud schemes like this as football is totally overpriced for the fans. However, I am slightly cynical that they magically come up with the idea as soon as the TV deal is announced.

If they follow this up with the same incentive on another matchday with no TV money back up , then I will be convinced that they are genuinely concerned that their fans are paying too much .

I applaud schemes like this as football is totally overpriced for the fans. However, I am slightly cynical that they magically come up with the idea as soon as the TV deal is announced.

If they follow this up with the same incentive on another matchday with no TV money back up , then I will be convinced that they are genuinely concerned that their fans are paying too much .

Exactly I doubt we will see an increase in attendance purely because it can be watched in the warmth of the (stay away fans ) homes

Interesting to note that so many people have been very vocal on our pricing yet when the club do something positive about that, albeit for one game only, the first reaction from opposition fans is suspicion and negativity.

Haters gonna hate I suppose.

As a season ticket holder, this has no effect on me. However, I applaud the club for this and hope there's a decent uptake from both home and away fans. I'd probably pay a tenner as that seems a reasonably fair price point for this league.

Interesting to note that so many people have been very vocal on our pricing yet when the club do something positive about that, albeit for one game only, the first reaction from opposition fans is suspicion and negativity.

Haters gonna hate I suppose.

As a season ticket holder, this has no effect on me. However, I applaud the club for this and hope there's a decent uptake from both home and away fans. I'd probably pay a tenner as that seems a reasonably fair price point for this league.

No hate involved at all. I am sure some Airdrie fans will have the same concerns. That said I do hope it is a success and your club follow it up with more incentives to help bring in the crowds again.

I have always been quite vocal about pricing and believe that the more people talk about it then the more chance of someone listening to concerns.

Do clubs actually get money for being shown on BBC Alba? I'm happy we're doing this, mainly so there's a few extra fans for a TV game. The problem with the 'pay what you can' thing is that it's obviously not something which is going to be a solution long term, so it doesn't really teach us anything. Or at least even if it does (i.e. that fans will come back if you only charge them 1p) it's not something that we can act on. Anyhow, if this brings in a few extra people for an important game, and we can afford to do it, then good and well done to the trust/club.

Don't generally get into the 'Airdrie Pricing' debate on here, no-one agrees with £16 pricing...but it's been done to death why the price is so high. It's our support that's affected 20 + times a season, and why we have had probably one of the biggest losses in support over the last 10 years. It is what it is though, and that's why the Trust are doing all they can to make it more of a day out for the family to get their moneys worth rather than just turn up and watch rubbish football in rubbish weather!

Therefore, timetable of events for Saturday which is open to all home AND away fans...

3pm. Rowan Suite Opens for business. Old Airdrie games showing all afternoon
3.25-4.25 Aces Training takes place on 7 a side pitch
3.30-5 AliG Balloon modeller and kids entertainer starts in the Rowan Suite - initially for the kids who don't fancy the training, and then latterly for the kids returning from training

3.30-5 Face Painting, fussball comps, games
4.40 - Free chips for all kids in the Rowan Suite

The Diamonds Den will also be open at half time for all kids, and the Trust will be selling merchandise in the concourse pre-match and at half time (also a small selection in the Rowan Suite pre-match)

Diamond Dancers, with a very special guest, will also be performing in the Rowan Suite beforehand, and at half time, to new club anthem 'Broomfield Stomp' - this is not to be missed !

10375114_10153056684509933_2012957293474

You don't get paid any money for individual league games all the TV money is pooled and used for the clubs annual payments from the SPFL depending on league positions on a sliding scale from 1-42.

Airdrie are obviously making it a cheap day to get folk to still turn up rather than sit in the house and watch it.

You don't get paid any money for individual league games all the TV money is pooled and used for the clubs annual payments from the SPFL depending on league positions on a sliding scale from 1-42.

Airdrie are obviously making it a cheap day to get folk to still turn up rather than sit in the house and watch it.

I thought that was just when the orcs were in the same league and involved games with them. I apologise to Airdrie for my presumptions if that is not the case

I thought that was just when the orcs were in the same league and involved games with them. I apologise to Airdrie for my presumptions if that is not the case

No , I was at the Cowden AGM last week and someone asked more or less what you said about being paid for TV games. I think back in the last SFL season 3rd division clubs got an extra £10k each for games with Rangers being on TV but I don't think League 1 sides got any extra last season when the SPFL took over the show.

If anything showing league games live will probably be seeing lower league sides lose money unless they can sell extra advertising for those silly moving screens which run along side the pitch.

Hopefully there'll be some free WiFI in Kuala Lumpur and Dubai airports so I can watch this on the way home. Don't leave Malaysia until 01:10 local which is about 17:00 at home, meaning if I'm in the airport from 2100 local the job's a good'un!

We need some points from this game - really we do.

Guest bernardblack

Same team from last week for me. Normally I'd have Hilson over Sanny but he looked good last week. Hilson is even more dangerous with his pace when he comes on after 60mins or so.

2-0 away win

(Also genuinely excited about seeing the loons on the telly live, something I've never experienced)

Archived