Lowland League Results 7/2/15

newcastle broon

With all the excitement and plaudits going to Spartans yesterday has anyone noticed that city quietly went aboot there business and pulled further away from the chasing pack :o

Dal any news on yer teams pumping at Gala ??

And Stirling Uni did you have a team made up of trialists at Preston as it seems a few of you have been naughty and could've been behind bars :P

With all the excitement and plaudits going to Spartans yesterday has anyone noticed that city quietly went aboot there business and pulled further away from the chasing pack :o

And Stirling Uni did you have a team made up of trialists at Preston as it seems a few of you have been naughty and could've been behind bars :P

It's no longer really news about the Lilywhites though, is it? They can already start preparing for that big date in May against Brora (sorry Turriff, it's not going to happen!).

Have to say I did raise my eyebrows at the Star's result at Gala.

In Stirling Uni's case, I think it was some of them spending too much time in bars that caused the problem letting their shandies do the thinking for them.

all I can say is don't read into the result too much! Unless you were there to see why......

all I can say is don't read into the result too much! Unless you were there to see why......

Oh Dal you have left us hanging there. What happened? Even a snippet from a biased point of view is better than nothing.

Star keeper sent off inside 20 minutes - definite penalty but the red card was a shocker. No keeper on bench so played with a defender in goal. Pretty even after that and Star levelled in 60th minute and even thought of maybe winning. Gala scored good goal in 75 minutes and 3 goals in last 5 minutes not a true reflection. Even Star sub keeper was sent off in last minute for another penalty when looked like striker already on his way down. Well done to Gala but even they seemed embarrassed by refs performance. Absolute nightmare. Gala fan afterwards even said Star was easily the best footballing team he had seen at 3G all season so that tells you how they performed. Always enjoy visiting there. A good team and fine hospitality.

Cheers Ross. Never easy when your keeper gets sent off. I assume that he will be suspended for our visit in a fortnight as next week's match against Newton Stewart is in another competition pool.

I have to agree about the hospitality at Gala, second to none.

Cheers Ross. Never easy when your keeper gets sent off. I assume that he will be suspended for our visit in a fortnight as next week's match against Newton Stewart is in another competition pool.

I have to agree about the hospitality at Gala, second to none.

no he can play against you Cicero, cup game.

no he can play against you Cicero, cup game.

Lowland League Cup game, Same competition group as the league I believe although I could be wrong and on checking I am wrong. A bit of a nightmare all different groups. Life was much easier in the EoS league

Yes - not sure how suspension will work. If sent off for violent conduct (you never know with that ref) then he misses next match which is Newton Stewart, but that could well be postponed. If sent off for denying goalscoring opportunity then will miss next league match - I think. We await with bated breath. Presumably Euan Drysdale will be recalled from loan spell anyway.

Archived