Dundee v Partick Thistle

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wizard Wighton gets the praise from me for that goal, that pass into Harkins then slides it along to McGowan who I thought missed it by giving the Partick defender a chance to stop it. Happy days and an ecstatic Derry with those scenes, beautiful viewing!

I'm unsure if us Thistle fans are just really negative, or other team fans are just wrong, but I'm getting tired of this chat. We always get "Thistle look like a good team", yet we languish in the latter end of the table only propped up by three slightly or far worse teams. We leave games without the three points and don't have enough chances. It's poor and looking like a good team means nothing in such circumstances. Didn't attend today but the unsurprising late winner sums it up for me.

I'm sick of it also. Just because you have a good style of play doesn't mean you'll collect points and not get relegated. Fact is we may have a decent squad but we're terribly naive at present. I've said I appreciate Archie his work as gaffer to this point but it's obvious to me that we've gone as far as we can. The team is not producing and whilst players have to be held accountable that is done by management and that doesn't seem to be happening. We lack any cutting edge. During the week v Celtic we knew we'd lost before taking the field. There just seems to be a lack of confidence and with the players we have we shouldn't be heading south like this.

Best game of the season, end to end stuff. Great clearances, superb skill, high drama, fans on their feet.

Sorry did I say game? I meant last 60 seconds of a game.

Terrible stuff. Draw was a fair result, 2 poor teams. Expected Dundee to improve dramatically in the second half after withdrawing Gadzilla in favour of Harkins and moving McGowan back, but sadly the improvement was marginal. Bain deservedly MOTM. Solid, assured, without being called upon to be spectacular, fast becoming my favourite Dee keeper for a long time.

Partick fans will rightly be sick to surrender a point, but to be fair neither team deserved anything from this game.

Onwards and upwards? Hmm.

Archived