League Structure Next Season

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am for a "let them in and give them a year to upgrade" if they don't then administratively expell them from the league and try the next ambitious team.

(Would be good to have an amatuer set up below the EOS looking to come up)

• 3 weeks later...

Has any new team applied for the EOS? Like Edinburgh or Border amateur teams? With easthouses leaving as previously stated and possibly Civil Service Strollers heading to the Lowland league there will be a few spaces.

I wonder if this will eventualy tempt Ormiston into a return as well? Would the likes of Craigroyston and Tynecastle be better served going to the Juniors (assuming none of the three are going for a LL licence)?

Interesting times.

IMO - EOS is regarded higher than it actually should be.

The 1st division teams (in particular) would struggle to compete in LEAFA Prem 1 and 2, some teams maybe even lower if you ask me.

Another poster commentated on what's the difference between Meadowbank 3g and Saughton 3g, etc. Meadowbank has a stand, so that's prob the only difference. As far as Fernieside and Bingham etc - no difference at all. We played at Fernieside recently and for an EOS ground, it's attrocious. The only difference on a EOS match day is a bit of string round the pitch.

The difference between amateur and EOS for me is purely funding. Teams would need to work particularly hard off the field to secure funding that would convince players to move upto that league. Cos let's be honest, there's players (loads of them) that just chase the money. However there are some cracking amateur players who pay their subs every week/month to play football - the clubs would just need funding from sponsors to cover the cost of players not paying subs.

I am more than a bit confused- Does winning the premier league gain entry to the lowland league? if so how does the sosl fit in?

If either champion is licensed they go up.

If both, they play-off.

In practice no-one is currently licensed.

Has any new team applied for the EOS? Like Edinburgh or Border amateur teams? With easthouses leaving as previously stated and possibly Civil Service Strollers heading to the Lowland league there will be a few spaces.

Don't think it would do the EoS any harm to consolidate to a single division format given there's a core of clubs that will probably never turn junior.

The 1st division teams (in particular) would struggle to compete in LEAFA Prem 1 and 2, some teams maybe even lower if you ask me.

Another poster commentated on what's the difference between Meadowbank 3g and Saughton 3g, etc. Meadowbank has a stand, so that's prob the only difference. As far as Fernieside and Bingham etc - no difference at all. We played at Fernieside recently and for an EOS ground, it's attrocious. The only difference on a EOS match day is a bit of string round the pitch.

The difference between amateur and EOS for me is purely funding. Teams would need to work particularly hard off the field to secure funding that would convince players to move upto that league. Cos let's be honest, there's players (loads of them) that just chase the money. However there are some cracking amateur players who pay their subs every week/month to play football - the clubs would just need funding from sponsors to cover the cost of players not paying subs.

Don't think it's regarded very high at all any more to be honest. Gets half a page every week in the evening news and this forum gets a new comment about once a week.

The whole amateur is as good or better than eos is getting all a bit tedious now though.

Doesn't matter how good the boys are at that level (and I know a good few decent ones) whatever reason they chose to play at amateur level, then that's what they are, amateur.

Don't think Meadowbank 3G has a stand.

From reading other threads Tynecastle are supposed to be moving from Fernieside to Saughton enclosure next season to groundshare with LTHV

Who is the current eos board is greenhorn still on it. Never heard o any1 saying the eos have approached amateurs or 21s sides. They've got to open up more but in all honesty how hard is it to put a pole round a park like ormi

Archived