Best players in amateur ! East

colinmc

I have to say after today my mate Ross Elliot is best player in amateur football, East anyway !!! Can't say in all amateur but be hard to beat, played for Alloa 120 odd times, was at Chelsea when young. Had loads of offers from clubs but he just wants to play for fun at the age of 31 haha

Class player..

Anyone else who's as good ??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting your sudden appearance on an amateur forum to voice an opinion on an ex senior playing amateur is unusual.Based on many years in the game at this at this level I have seen the come and seen them go.I have been involved with many players who have spent all of their careers at this level and been very successfulall of whom have played in the east and played for Scotland .Fair play if the guy is playing at this level and enjoying it.We are all here for a reason I wanted Peter Lawells job but here Iam so why is your man here.

Interesting your sudden appearance on an amateur forum to voice an opinion on an ex senior playing amateur is unusual.Based on many years in the game at this at this level I have seen the come and seen them go.I have been involved with many players who have spent all of their careers at this level and been very successfulall of whom have played in the east and played for Scotland .Fair play if the guy is playing at this level and enjoying it.We are all here for a reason I wanted Peter Lawells job but here Iam so why is your man here.

My sudden appearance is because I play amateur also now and I wanted to see who the best players are !! My mate has to be up there with the best. So u can base urself at this level all u want.

Swanny is superb another 6 goals for the harvester today
the lad is different class. to be fair the Craigshill team he plays for are packed with top players from West Lothian. They all play with the harvester, the tav and Broxburn and are all still involved in the Sunday Scottish last 8

U say that but opposition must be rank rotten.

Only test you get is Scottish even at that u catch a good team on a shite day who should maybe win it and its blown open.

harvester are there or there about every year as were the tower when they were a Sunday team. The standard of football in West Lothian is only getting better and there are far better amateur teams out our way than Edinburgh have to offer.

Salvesen are a very good side and will give Harvester a tough game. But i think Harvester will win the game, and will retain the cup this year.

Although you never know, all the teams left are very good sides who are capable of beating anyone on their day.

Who does Ross Elliot play for?

Some cracking players about that have dropped levels to play with mates which I have no problem with whatsoever.

LEAFA select game tonight at Fisherrow 7pm kick off so chance to get a look at some. One of my players Steven Clee is in the squad so il be down watching.

Wow....What a pointless thread. Out of all the hundreds of amateur teams across Scotland he just has to be the best, I'm glad u have spent the last few years scouting every player in every league to come to that assumption. The fact u added 'east' to the end of it fails to convince me you've even watched a fraction of the players from the area. If, as you say, he has played senior football then he's obviously going to be better than the majority.

Wow....What a pointless thread. Out of all the hundreds of amateur teams across Scotland he just has to be the best, I'm glad u have spent the last few years scouting every player in every league to come to that assumption. The fact u added 'east' to the end of it fails to convince me you've even watched a fraction of the players from the area. If, as you say, he has played senior football then he's obviously going to be better than the majority.

think the boy was happy his mate scored 4 goals that day and got a call up to the Scotland set up. good achievement getting called into the nation team. He can keep swanny company as the only other player from leafa.

Archived