Name's in the hat

Grim O'Grady

Happy obviously a man of your intense footballing knowledge must be managing a big team somewhere but should you ever feel the need to come down to our level, don't hesitate to send your CV in to Craig Graham at Spartans FC.

Grimbo

Ask any spartans fan and they'll tell you the same grim. No one suggesting that they could do a better job than Sammy but the chopping and changing has coincided with one of the worst runs in recent years and a huge underachievement this season.

There are a number of teams who 'rotate' at all levels, but looking at recent line ups spartans have changed every area of the park on an almost weekly basis. Difficult for partnerships to develop which is a huge factor at part time level IMO.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask any spartans fan and they'll tell you the same grim. No one suggesting that they could do a better job than Sammy but the chopping and changing has coincided with one of the worst runs in recent years and a huge underachievement this season.

There are a number of teams who 'rotate' at all levels, but looking at recent line ups spartans have changed every area of the park on an almost weekly basis. Difficult for partnerships to develop which is a huge factor at part time level IMO.

"we've prioritised the cup since new year at the expense of our league campaign " (today's evening news)

Douglas Douglas Douglas I thought ye were better than that ?

Yous were never gonnae win the thing :o

I hope I've misread that statement ?

Here’s a question for the more educated amongst you, When or if ever have ‘’The Spartans’’ been papped out of 3 cups within 7 days. I can’t think this has ever happened. Dougie better have a plan B for this season.

We are in the top 4 of the hardest league we've ever been in, we got further than any team from our or the equivalent highland league in the Scottish Cup.

We are still in the Lowland League Cup.

If you are asking would I like to still be in every competition them who wouldn't?

The facts that I'm aware of are that we've lost key players through out the campaigns. Yes I know other teams have but I'm telling you about Spartans.

We are still bedding in new players as well, yes the same as every other team too.

Sammy has stated that he has been rotating his squad in order to maintain the best possible team for the Scottish Cup since the League title was no longer a viable option.

If you are an unhappy Spartans fan then, either contact Sammy or just come & support us when we are winning.

We are out of the Scottish Cup now, so let's see what the team is & how we perform. Eh?

Unfortunately I'm away this weekend so I will miss the fantastic trip down the pans.

Come back at the end of the season & see where we are & I'll tell you what my thoughts are again.

Grimbo

We are in the top 4 of the hardest league we've ever been in, we got further than any team from our or the equivalent highland league in the Scottish Cup.

If you are asking would I like to still be in every competition them who wouldn't?

The facts that I'm aware of are that we've lost key players through out the campaigns. Yes I know other teams have but I'm telling you about Spartans.

We are still bedding in new players as well, yes the same as every other team too.

Sammy has stated that he has been rotating his squad in order to maintain the best possible team for the Scottish Cup since the League title was no longer a viable option.

If you are an unhappy Spartans fan then, either contact Sammy or just come & support us when we are winning.

We are out of the Scottish Cup now, so let's see what the team is & how we perform. Eh?

Unfortunately I'm away this weekend so I will miss the fantastic trip down the pans.

Come back at the end of the season & see where we are & I'll tell you what my thoughts are again.

Grimbo

Well said Grim but it's all this "bedding" that's causing you bother imo.

You've too many good players and can't keep them all happy.

That's probably yer reasons for rotating every week.

With the players and resources that samuels has he should be doing a hell of a lot better than he has the Scottish cup run has been brilliant but it's no excuse for the poor league form, infact when was the last time Spartans actually won a match

With the players and resources that samuels has he should be doing a hell of a lot better than he has the Scottish cup run has been brilliant but it's no excuse for the poor league form, infact when was the last time Spartans actually won a match

End of last month mate, you obviously ain't a Gretna 08 fan. In fact you aren't prepared to declare your fandom to any team eh?

Grimbo

Now now grimbo calm down

Calm doon, I've spent all day worrying meself sick about what happened last night & ya want me to calm doon! :P

I was only saying that we won Gretna 08 on the 31st January, which was the answer to yer Q eh?

Grimbo (ammabovvered)

Calm doon, I've spent all day worrying meself sick about what happened last night & ya want me to calm doon! :P

I was only saying that we won Gretna 08 on the 31st January, which was the answer to yer Q eh?

Grimbo (ammabovvered)

You won us??

I didn't realise that so much was at stake.

You won us??

I didn't realise that so much was at stake.

Nowt at stake for us Cic, I was just answering a Q from Mvch.

Saturday 31st January 2015

Lowland League

Spartans 2-1 Gretna 2008 (Sludden x2)

Oh I didn't mean like in the goldfish in a plastic bag won like Cic, I see what you mean now. I am awfy tired was some day yesterday & I need to...

a) Sleep

b) Stop drinking

or both!

:thumsup2

Grimbo

Hopefully sammy will see the light and forget results on league and prepare for rest of season. Play some youngsters. Play players in positions they are meant to play. Grinchy at left back for instance. Can make all the Excuses we want but if you look at our squad versus whitehills or city even with injuries we should still be able to compete. The cup run is great but ask any manager U want a cup run or the big prize a place in the big league what would you choose ????????

Without the wins over clyde and morton your looking at the worst season in years.....spartans main aim is to be in the spfl - unfortunately wee dougie has failed miserably and without the cup run would probably have been sacked by now. grims excuses can only take you so far!

Without the wins over clyde and morton your looking at the worst season in years.....spartans main aim is to be in the spfl - unfortunately wee dougie has failed miserably and without the cup run would probably have been sacked by now. grims excuses can only take you so far!

Or without Ed City's phenomenal league run we would all be in with a shout at the title.

It's only an excuse though eh?

Grimbo

Grimbo

you might still get your trip i believe the match is on tuesday. can anyone confirm?

you might still get your trip i believe the match is on tuesday. can anyone confirm?

You are correct Wee Smiler me lad, Sammy had a word with the Panners & explained I would be away this weekend, family matters an shit. So in order for me to no miss me trip out to the pans they've changed the fixture just for moi! How lovely eh?

Grimbo

Archived