Name's in the hat

Grim O'Grady

So Spartans continue our magnificent run of form, 2nd 1/2 reminded me of the City at Chelsea last weekend, how we were all over them but could only take a draw.

I swore I heard Craig Samuel say to Ally when he took the head knock that he called him Pele, it certainly worked as the big man was up there to score.

Well done Berwick, scoring early was your downfall but you managed to scrape through.

Good luck in the League & thank goodness you got rid of Deano, he would have saved you.

See you down there.

Grimbo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Spartans continue our magnificent run of form, 2nd 1/2 reminded me of the City at Chelsea last weekend, how we were all over them but could only take a draw.

I swore I heard Craig Samuel say to Ally when he took the head knock that he called him Pele, it certainly worked as the big man was up there to score.

Well done Berwick, scoring early was your downfall but you managed to scrape through.

Good luck in the League & thank goodness you got rid of Deano, he would have saved you.

See you down there.

Grimbo

Well done spartans. Top work. Hope for a decent draw as an incentive. When's the replay?

And well done on maintaining that form. Unbeaten since Jan 17th......

Black and gold club right outside the ground

Grove pub around 300 yds up the road

Queens head, the Angel and the Harrow down the road and a 10 min walk to ground for a pint

aye- but not being bought by you-know-who, the tight Man U supporting get!

"the name's in the hat" - that made me think of the sorting hat from Harry Potter..

post-12982-0-58986700-1423349198.jpg

"Slytherin..."

enough churlishness- enjoy your day out in sunny Berwick!

I would prefer The cup run first which would certainly set you up financially for a stab at the SPFL 2 the in the next couple of seasons. (Although is this case at Spartans).

What Spartans need to do is think how they keep a hold of a fraction of the crowd that turned up for the cup tie. Well over 2000 more fans turned up yesterday (with both Hearts and Hibs playing locally) than for the league against Gretna.

Newky, I notice that your team is Whitehill. Did they used to play in the Lowland League?? ;)

I would prefer The cup run first which would certainly set you up financially for a stab at the SPFL 2 the in the next couple of seasons. (Although is this case at Spartans). What Spartans need to do is think how they keep a hold of a fraction of the crowd that turned up for the cup tie. Well over 2000 more fans turned up yesterday (with both Hearts and Hibs playing locally) than for the league against Gretna. Newky, I notice that your team is Whitehill. Did they used to play in the Lowland League?? ;)

1) Did nae ken ye had 2 accounts Grim :P

2) Don't think Hearts had a game yesterday which may have swelled the crowd a bit. Also

3)Local amateur junior teams and especially a certain LL team had nae game yesterday which also may have helped the crowd figure a bit. 2504 superb crowd by the way.

4) there's naebody more pissed off than me at the minute no seeing my team.

Took in North Shields fa vase game yesterday ;)

Hearts were away to Livingston, Fairly local.

Aye good shout cic I forgot there were league games around the cup yesterday.

Makes yesterday's crowd even better.

Edit: Spartans have many youth sides ,maybes there parents finally took an interest in the LL side which to be fair Grim has been banging on about for years now.

It was an excellent crowd. Not only in the context of Spartans (and Berwick's) normal crowds, but also as it was 500 more than at Falkirk v Brechin yesterday and 1,000 more than Stranraer v Dundee Utd today albeit it's live on TV on a Sunday lunchtime. Reflected the tie's huge significance to both clubs.

Spartans chairman in programme only predicted 1,500.

How many will Spartans bring down for the replay next Tuesday? 100? 150? Might get 800-900 overall?

It was an excellent crowd. Not only in the context of Spartans (and Berwick's) normal crowds, but also as it was 500 more than at Falkirk v Brechin yesterday and 1,000 more than Stranraer v Dundee Utd today albeit it's live on TV on a Sunday lunchtime. Reflected the tie's huge significance to both clubs.

Spartans chairman in programme only predicted 1,500.

How many will Spartans bring down for the replay next Tuesday? 100? 150? Might get 800-900 overall?

HJ what did you think of the programme? I love the cover.

Looking forward to our European Cup match a week Tuesday, wouldn't like to predict the numbers in case you have a dig about them if I get them out by a 1000?

:lol:

Grimbo

HJ what did you think of the programme? I love the cover.

Looking forward to our European Cup match a week Tuesday, wouldn't like to predict the numbers in case you have a dig about them if I get them out by a 1000?

:lol:

Grimbo

Numbers will be well down for the replay will it no be live on tv. Thought tv have rights to replays :P

a pal of mine was their, said there was a hilarious incident with a fishing rod and the linesman ??

Aye heed a deed mackerel was on the loose :D

Shields managed by Graham Fenton, the man who broke toon hearts when they should've won the prem all them years ago.

Archived