Rewilding Scotland

Reintroduction of native species to Scotland  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

True, so when it runs away from you all you have to do is wait for it to come back around again, so be ready with your claymore. And if you swipe and miss it wait a few minutes and it will come back again.

Daft beast will probably think there are more than one of you.

I was told by an old hunter that the trick is to set a net out the jump out in front of them and make them turn round so that their short legs are on the inside and they just roll down into your net

• 5 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33017511

Interesting article. Bring them back.

This map surprised me somewhat (i.e. I never expected NW Spain / Italy to be crawling with them):

_86101539_wolves_europe_v4_624map.png

Eta: That speck around Berlin had better not be Berlin Zoo, in which case Scotland should have one for the Highland Wildlife Park by Kingussie.

Edited by Hedgecutter

The speck close to Berlin is almost certainly the Spreewald. In Scotland so much of the Caledonian forest was chopped down to create today's bleak landscape of hunting estates and rough pasture for sheep that there really isn't anything equivalent to that left to provide wolves (or bears, which are not present in the fomer DDR, but are in many of the other areas highlighted in green) with a wilderness habitat.

Sorry thought this had been bumped because SlipperyP is heading home

I,m sure I'll be quarantined.Just calm the f**k down.

Isis, Al qaeda & ladyboys and a touch of Ebola Sars & bird flu all on it's way. Chartered flight straight to leuchers (is it still open). Never mind when you've highjacked 18th at St Andrews is close enough.

• 1 year later...

Massive news today. The Scottish Government has announced that Eurasian Beavers will be formally recognised as a native species of Scotland and will be given full protection. This is a huge step in the rewilding of Scottish countryside, for if the beavers had been rejected this would have pretty much ended all hopes of bringing back the Lynx to Scotland. Now, we can hope that this animal will shortly return to our forests.

MON THE BEAVERS

You're beaver daft boyo! And don't call me a buffoon again. Ya wee c**t! 

So, all this beaver love; Is this through something you have been studying or are you just an animal/nature enthusiast?

Beavers are in all honesty a pain in the arse, damming up burns and rivers, causing flooding, farmers hate the beavers, they will end up shooting them, me I quite like a beaver