Rewilding Scotland

Reintroduction of native species to Scotland  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's when they call Bear Patrol and they come and tranquilize the bear and relocate it back into the wilderness.

Eventually they learn where their area is and stick to it.

It COULD work, but you're right it would take far more effort than people would be willing to give such a plan, sadly.

Would be cool as f**k to have brown bears here again though, could adopt it as our national animal.

Bring them all back. All the wealthy landowners whose estates are currently only accessible to the privileged should be made to host them and can get a cut of the profits from wild Scottish safaris.

The odd bear rampaging around towns can only be good IMO.

For bears and wolves ever to be a viable option on this a large number of hunting estates would need to be nationalised and allowed to return to their natural state. I doubt there will ever be a government that will see that as a high enough priority to spend the money and take the flak required to make it happen.

And it begs another question, how much do these estates actually contribute to the economy. And in addition how much are they going to contribute to it in the future?

I think it would be a good laugh to stumble upon a bear during a night out, take a few selfies with it.

Laugh as it mauled that asshole friend nobody really likes.

Those Russian videos on YT of people meeting bears in cities are always pretty entertaining.

Edited by dufc1980

Bring them all back. All the wealthy landowners whose estates are currently only accessible to the privileged should be made to host them and can get a cut of the profits from wild Scottish safaris.

The odd bear rampaging around towns can only be good IMO.

Until they -

dig up your garden

drag wheelie bins down the street

damage your car because you left half a sandwich on the back seat

scare children

casually lick or chew on a drunk sleeping on a wall/bench

open your kitchen door and steal from your fridge

chase late night revelers

scrap with dogs

get trapped in skips, lorries, shops and garages

beg for food from tourists

Wait a minute....this looks already too familiar. :lol:

NED.jpg

Saw this once on tv maybe Ray Mears but bears hate the sound of two rocks being smacked together, maybe try this out if I want to get to the bar when there's too many Rangers fans in my favoured pub.

I assure you that I am in no way above a bear. Especially not when out camping with a bottle of Eldorado and a few cans of super down me.

Humans are indeed above bears.

If you choose to purposefully handicap one of your greatest advantages over the bear though then of course, the odds are going to swing against you.

Saw this once on tv maybe Ray Mears but bears hate the sound of two rocks being smacked together, maybe try this out if I want to get to the bar when there's too many Rangers fans in my favoured pub.

Anyone would run away from primitive castration techniques.