stirling university - full of bad 'uns

Njord

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus f**k. I think you should maybe give these sorts of thread a swerve because it never goes well.

It doesn't does it? I think it was a stupid thing to do. But I don't think they are racists for doing it. They've just chose a really stupid fancy dress idea that they should've steered clear of.

So you do think it's racist then, albeit unintentional? That's fair enough.

Of a squad of 30-40 university students though, you'd think that at least one of them would realise that what they were doing was at least a little dodgy. Chances are most of them did realise, but they wanted to demostrate an edgy, 'don't give a shit' attitude. Then if called up about it, they can give it the 'we just wanted to celebrate the AFCON and we didn't realise blackface was bad as we're so young' babyface routine.

I hope the university comes down on them like a tonne of bricks. Can't imagine them being punished too severely though, as it's basically the entire football team.

The football team is hardly a big money-spinner for the university though; a stack of negative press like this will probably lead to this squad being punted at the end of the current season.

The football team is hardly a big money-spinner for the university though; a stack of negative press like this will probably lead to this squad being punted at the end of the current season.

Absolutely no chance.

I was actually out in Stirling last night and I cringed when I saw them all. I don't people should lose their minds the way they're doing but how none of those guys twigged that this might cause problems, I'll never know. It was bloody stupid thing to do and they're all going to get punished for it when it was entirely avoidable.

There's a video on the Daily Record site and the guy doing the filming is a far bigger c**t than any of the "blakced up" players. A total and complete shithouse.

Absolutely no chance

Uh huh - a convincing rebuttal.

I'm fully aware that a major focus of Stirling as a university is their sporting teams: yet it still has a much, much larger student membership who aren't in sport-related courses. Never mind those in sporting programs who don't wish to be tarred with the blackface racists in the football team. They contribute very, very little money to the larger university compared to the revenue raised from other schools. Not to mention the potentially enormous, financially costly PR blow for Stirling by this rabble when trying to entice English or foreign students to fork out huge sums in tuition fees to their institution.

If the senior management of the university take notice of this event then they will be out of the door in no time whatsoever.

There's a video on the Daily Record site and the guy doing the filming is a far bigger c**t than any of the "blakced up" players. A total and complete shithouse.

Feel free to explain why that is the case.

I've conducted a straw poll of three black friends. None of them find it racist. Two find it offensive that skin colour, painted or not, is causing offense.

White-people racism all over this thread.

I would also like to know this. . .

What's stupid about it - if it's not racist?

As somebody said people will call it racist, it's controversial, there's thousands of different ideas they could've gone for that wouldn't of been, they're clearly just trying to look like an ACON team but it was a daft idea to choose.

I can't believe such a big deal is being made over some people changing their skin colour for a fancy dress outfit.

I don't get why people are finding a skin colour so offensive.

Archived