stirling university - full of bad 'uns

Njord

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1320Lichtie showing his Celtic supporter credentials by defending racism.

I'm a member of a university sports team and its not as bad at Edinburgh compared to other places as the SU are pretty strict on lad culture but the likes of the rugby and rowing clubs are filled with dicks.

The traditional sports clubs are worse probably due to having separate clubs for male and female. It just encourages alcohol fuelled boys to act like fannies rather than including people.

1320Lichtie showing his Celtic supporter credentials by defending racism.

I'm a member of a university sports team and its not as bad at Edinburgh compared to other places as the SU are pretty strict on lad culture but the likes of the rugby and rowing clubs are filled with dicks.

The traditional sports clubs are worse probably due to having separate clubs for male and female. It just encourages alcohol fuelled boys to act like fannies rather than including people.

Racism? :lol:

It's fancy dress, they're dressing up to look like an ACON team, obviously as the ACON is on just now.... 99 percent of the ACON teams are black. They've used that as part of their costume. Those who see skin colour as such a big deal are the ones with the problems. Racism is discriminating against another race.

How are they doing that here? Do you think that entire football team hate black people?

Or do you think they're not even thinking about that and are purely attempting to look like an ACON team?!

Racism? :lol:

It's fancy dress, they're dressing up to look like an ACON team, obviously as the ACON is on just now.... 99 percent of the ACON teams are black. They've used that as part of their costume. Those who see skin colour as such a big deal are the ones with the problems. Racism is discriminating against another race.

How are they doing that here? Do you think that entire football team hate black people?

Or do you think they're not even thinking about that and are purely attempting to look like an ACON team?!

99%?

Proof please.

And names.

Otherwise you're a shitebag :)

People seeing skin colour as such a big deal have the problem.

I agree it shouldn't be a big problem. But skin colour was a massive problem around 50 years ago. And replicating acts such as 'blacking up', which is directly linked to that period, is only harking back to a period of racial prejudice. If skin colour isn't a big deal, why do people feel the need to go out their way to mimic it? It's completely unnecessary.

Also, 'celebrating the AFCON', as if they give a f**k. The tournament's been marred in violence, hardly a cause for celebration. They just wanted an excuse to behave like c***s.

Dressing up as a stereotype is racist and as being mentioned there are a lot of historical connotations as well as unintentionally making fun of Africans. Considering the issues of racism still are still present in society and the world today it is in incredibly poor taste.

I don't think they are personally racist but they are being really fucking stupid in thinking that it was a good idea to have an event like this.

I agree it shouldn't be a big problem. But skin colour was a massive problem around 50 years ago. And replicating acts such as 'blacking up', which is directly linked to that period, is only harking back to a period of racial prejudice. If skin colour isn't a big deal, why do people feel the need to go out their way to mimic it? It's completely unnecessary.

Also, 'celebrating the AFCON', as if they give a f**k. The tournament's been marred in violence, hardly a cause for celebration. They just wanted an excuse to behave like c***s.

Fairdoes I agree with you there.

It was a stupid idea to go with because of the past. Especially being a university team as it'll be highlighted. But I definitely don't think any one of them are racist.

They've attempted to look like an ACON team, that's all there is to it. They should be warned not to act like fannies again as they're representing a Uni but that's all.

Stupid? Definitely. Racist? no.

But we've moved passed that now, people aged similiar to me have grown up in a world where blacks and whites are equal so why keep harking back to a time when we weren't? Is that not just keeping the problem around?

Archived