Games off tomorow

pantaloon

Frozen pitch? The forecast is for 7 degrees by kick off time- is it not worth waiting given it's local teams?

Given the fact that we thought park perfectly playable couple weeks ago and the referee put it off for the tiniest of frost in one of the corners I doubt it make much difference. Referees are too health and safety conscious these days ??

Given the fact that we thought park perfectly playable couple weeks ago and the referee put it off for the tiniest of frost in one of the corners I doubt it make much difference. Referees are too health and safety conscious these days ??

But that was a much colder day was it not? Thought there would be no issue by kick off time given the expected temperature.

I wonder if any ref has ever been sued by a player who has sustained an injury part due to a frozen pitch? If the players involved want to play, it should ultimately be their choice as they know the risks involved. I can understand why a ref would not want to be seen as playing a part in a player getting injured but it would be the players own responsibility as they should not be forced to play.

Perhaps the ref could be used as an advisor and an arbitrator but not given the final decision. Unless he feels that his own safety is at risk.

I wonder if any ref has ever been sued by a player who has sustained an injury part due to a frozen pitch? If the players involved want to play, it should ultimately be their choice as they know the risks involved. I can understand why a ref would not want to be seen as playing a part in a player getting injured but it would be the players own responsibility as they should not be forced to play.

Perhaps the ref could be used as an advisor and an arbitrator but not given the final decision. Unless he feels that his own safety is at risk.

The rules state that the ref has to consider two things in regard to the pitch. Are the lines visible? And are the conditions dangerous to the players? I'd argue that most pitches today would be no harder or slippier than they would be through the summer months. Get the games on!

The rules state that the ref has to consider two things in regard to the pitch. Are the lines visible? And are the conditions dangerous to the players? I'd argue that most pitches today would be no harder or slippier than they would be through the summer months. Get the games on!

Aye yer right surelynot we've no had a game since 3rd January and could nae be arsed playing today!!

Surely not ken what your saying but think it's clear from past experiences if there's any way we can get a game we will.

I understand that and know that if any team pulls out all the stops it's ww. Just felt it was early for a call when forecast was optimistic. Could understand if the forecast was bleak.

But genuinely feel that the ref should put the game on if the pitch is firm but not actually slippy. Obv I've not seen the Rosewell surface today so don't know but can't imagine it being particularly shiny and therefore don't see how it's more dangerous than when sun baked.

Archived