Dunfermline Athletic v Stenhousemuir

We have picked up a grand total of TWO points against the top teams this season. It's hilarious how we've got any chance of winning the league at all at this point.

If we are to do it by the play-offs, hopefully we go in with a good run of form, finish 2nd or 3rd and play Stranraer in the first leg because Morton have totally bitched us all season and would do us over two games (this meaning Morton winning the league of course).

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah VikingTon getting awfully excited by a team managed by Jim Duffy, that's bound to end in tears.

I'd be content with reaching the playoffs in good form.

I see no excitement from myself on this thread; there is however plenty of wishful thinking and hyperventilating from fans of a side currently sitting in a net 6th place in the league and on a truly dismal run of form at the moment.

That's a realistic expectation and a fail of epic proportions if not achieved.

It's the run of form that's vital, the previous two playoffs have seen us reach them during a stinking run. Not ideal

I see no excitement from myself on this thread; there is however plenty of wishful thinking and hyperventilating from fans of a side currently sitting in a net 6th place in the league and on a truly dismal run of form at the moment.

It's wishful thinking to think that my support of a lower league team in Scotland is going to amount to anything other than crushing disappointment and a severely disproportionate amount of money spent compared to happiness endured.

Still plug on regardless though, while there's still a mathematical chance(which there is) and as long as it's almost within the realms of possibility you'll have football fans vastly overreaching there teams chances. We still could win the league, it's just incredibly unlikely and there's been nothing this season to suggest we will. I doubt that will stop the optimists in any support though.

It'll be interesting to see how the team lines up under Bomber Ferguson next weekend but regardless, I'd imagine Dunfermline will be too strong for us. Scott Booth's got us into an awfy jackpot here and left us with a troupe of players that just aren't good enough. Stranger things have happened but I'm plum for a home win with a two- or three-goal margin.

Make up your mind. You were only just saying that there was no point in making new signings because the coaching team was shite and that the team was shite.

Was letting off some steam last week and was annoyed at how dismally the team had performed. A week of assessing how we've played makes me think that we have a small chance but we must win the next three games then go on a run to set us up for a decider against Morton.

It is very unlikely due to form and yes our coaching and the move in training must have an effect. It could be positive and with two weeks of hard work and maybe one or two loan signings it's not impossible. As mentioned in the previous games like morton away if moffat and Geggan put away relatively easy chances then it's three points. It also wasn't that long ago that VT wrote off morton completely.

If anything this league has proved that nobody should take anything for granted, I would say that morton have been riding their luck against us and other sides at times. A bit like us last season.

Let's take it one step at a time. We are in a fight for the play-offs, concentrate on that and if the teams fighting it out for the title collectively lose their bottle and/or we suddenly start playing like superstars and win games nearly every week then we can start talking about any challenge for the title, until then we just need to at least be able to go up.

It was only a week or so ago that some were saying this is the worst Pars team ever, folk were saying they were done for the season and wouldn't be going to any games, that Potter should be sacked etc etc.

Now we 'still have a chance' to win the league?!

Fucking mentalists!

Well, I'd argue it is the worst team in decades and we still do have a chance of winning the title. Just because we have a chance doesn't mean to say people actually think we'll win or that we will win.

Airdrie have a chance of winning the title. As do Stenhousemuir still. So to be clear, are you suggesting that Dunfermline have a similar, easily dismissable prospect of winning the league, or would you put their title-winning chances with those of credible challengers instead?

We have a very slim chance of winning the league. More chance than Stenhousemuir, less chance yourselves. That clear enough for you.

Not really - do you have more or less of a chance than fellow midtable mediocrities Peterhead?

Not really - do you have more or less of a chance than fellow midtable mediocrities Peterhead?

Hmmm, that's an excellent question. I know the bookies will probably have ourselves being the most likely.

I think the answer lies with yourself. Who do you feel more threatened by in your quest for league 1 glory. Dunfermline or Peterhead?

Archived