The funk 'n' soul thread

Nizzy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Will listen to that later HoN,cheers. You still playing at Frisco/going to MFSB? 

Frisco binned form the moment.

Me and another couple of guys are doing our own wee thing. It's a secret basement venue ala New York style. Not where you'd expect it. Obviously I'll keep you posted through pm

Had to miss a few MFSB for different reasons.

Going on boxing Day all dayer which should be good.

Get some tickets. It'll be bouncing.

Playing 511 on the 2nd if you're around.

FB_IMG_1509483848139.jpg

Not had chance to make MFSB since at least August, was looking at the boxing day event looks good depends if I drive back from girlfriends familys Xmas day or not. 

Saturday nights still  not great for me with working early Sunday but if I make Dec MFSB I'll come across 511 for a beer on way home. Look forward to hearing about the basement venue,all the best with it. :thumsup2

Edit:just noticed you pm'd me :lol:

1 minute ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Help needed guys!!!!  Came through with the wife to Edinburgh for the soul night at the Wash Bar, only to find out it’s not on.  Anyone know of any other soul nights near the city centre tonight?

Not sure myself if anyone knows it''l be @Heart of Northern.

4 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Help needed guys!!!!  Came through with the wife to Edinburgh for the soul night at the Wash Bar, only to find out it’s not on.  Anyone know of any other soul nights near the city centre tonight?

Wee Red Bar used to do a kind of northern/motown/garage night on a Friday think it was called Egg.

7 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Been having a look for you, closest I can see is the link below. Nice venue but the band looks a bit wedding reception. Been to a couple of good soul events there before but it was djs and not a band. They might have a dj on as well and it's a 5/10 min walk from where you are just mow.

http://www.thevoodoorooms.com/event_detail.php?guest-name=Soulacoaster&date_id=7122

43 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

A guys just recommended hanover99, I’ll check out the Wee red bar first though cheers

Don't bother with Wee Red Bar, had a look and there's nothing on. 99 Hanover is a good bar not sure how much soul they'll be playing on a Fri though, Bramble is along the road from it and  plays a lot of stuff I like but might have a few pieces of soul/funk for you.

Ha, spent half an hour walking around trying to find the Wee red bar, had it on google maps but no sign of it, was asking passers by but no one had heard of it.  We gave up and tried the Grassmarket, which was shite.  Ended up just going back to the Wash Bar, thankfully the barman was playing soul through the PA so turned out a good night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived