The funk 'n' soul thread

Nizzy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/01/2017 at 14:55, Heart of Northern said:

Never to old for a boogie my man. :PKeeps you young in the mind imo

Get out there and do it. I go to a daytime place once a month called MFSB

Brilliant idea. On from 3 till 9/10 pm. You can be all tucked up early and fresh the next day. 

Im playing in 99 bar tonight if anyone is around Edinburgh. 

Going to go to the next MFSB for a while on 4th Feb after the Hibs game.  Saw it's run by SSW, Is it more Northern or do they play modern soul/rare groove/deep house as well?

9 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Going to go to the next MFSB for a while on 4th Feb after the Hibs game.  Saw it's run by SSW, Is it more Northern or do they play modern soul/rare groove/deep house as well?

It's 80% house and disco mate.. Some rare modern and occasionally a wee bit northern. 

Great wee gig.  

But my mates run it so maybe biased. 

Let me know if your going.  

SSW is superb as well.  Check the line up.  

I like deep/soulful house, the kind of stuff that got played at Southport Weekenders.  Listen to a lot of disco as well. Will head along, I'll get in touch before then.  Weekenders are out of the question for me nowadays unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Kool Keith said:

I like deep/soulful house, the kind of stuff that got played at Southport Weekenders.  Listen to a lot of disco as well. Will head along, I'll get in touch before then.  Weekenders are out of the question for me nowadays unfortunately.

Fair enough  re  weekenders.  

I play Gospel/Soulful House stuff and rare modern.  

Just now, Kool Keith said:

Always preferred the modern/rare groove sound to northern which I never really got into.

Northern was my intro to black music at 16. From there I quickly moved to modern etc.  

Was always a clubber as well so wide taste range.  Hooch, Club 9 were my places back in the day.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived