Sporting Integrity (again) - Rangers Loan Signings

Rangers had to borrow £10M last month just to keep the lights on as they could not afford to pay wages. Now this club has signed 5 players on loan when they cannot afford the wages of the players they have. These loan signings could make the difference between them being promoted or not to the disadvantage of clubs such as Ross County, Motherwell and St Mirren. Should these loan signing be cancelled by the SPFL as Rangers are clearly spending what they do not have to gain an unfair advantage (again)?

If one of these Newcastle loanees scored a play-off winner against us I would not be a happy man when my Club is only paying what it can afford. Time for the SFA to introduce strict financial rules to stop this cheating.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers had to borrow £10M last month just to keep the lights on as they could not afford to pay wages. Now this club has signed 5 players on loan when they cannot afford the wages of the players they have. These loan signings could make the difference between them being promoted or not to the disadvantage of clubs such as Ross County, Motherwell and St Mirren. Should these loan signing be cancelled by the SPFL as Rangers are clearly spending what they do not have to gain an unfair advantage (again)?

If one of these Newcastle loanees scored a play-off winner against us I would not be a happy man when my Club is only paying what it can afford. Time for the SFA to introduce strict financial rules to stop this cheating.

Isn't there already a thread in which this kind of obsessed nonsense can be debated ad nauseam with like minded saddos?

Question - how much of the wages of Esmael Goncalves were St Mirren paying? It would have been zero, or very close to zero, and St Mirren would have justified it by saying it was all they could afford. So should Hearts fans be annoyed about the 2013 League Cup Final?

Rangers can't afford any new players, so are using connections they have within the game to get loan deals for next to nothing. Again, your club certainly would never do that so I guess you're entitled to say what you are...

372805_1.jpg

_62613056_dummett.jpg

_72210680_newton.jpg

217195-adam-campbell.jpg

BvZrm_7CEAAxxuq.jpg

It's relevant not because of NewRangers but because it highlights what a farce the loan system has become. It's ridiculous that any club can bring in so many ringers, from the same loaning club, at the same time to help them gain promotion or avoid relegation. The OP's right for the wrong reason. Sporting integrity's taken a massive hit here.

I highly doubt St Mirren were playing close to zero for Goncalves wages, they'll have made a reasonable contribution.

I have no problem with teams filling their players up with loanees within the rules, but the way Ashley is ripping the piss out of the SFA on the dual interest issue is embarrassing, and unsurprisingly they're doing nothing about it.

I highly doubt St Mirren were playing close to zero for Goncalves wages, they'll have made a reasonable contribution.

I have no problem with teams filling their players up with loanees within the rules, but the way Ashley is ripping the piss out of the SFA on the dual interest issue is embarrassing, and unsurprisingly they're doing nothing about it.

Both Ashley and the club have been cited by the SFA and have a hearing coming up fairly soon.

What exactly do you expect the SFA to do on top of that? They can't stop him buying shares in a company and they can't stop Rangers from making transfers which are within FIFA rules.

Question - how much of the wages of Esmael Goncalves were St Mirren paying? It would have been zero, or very close to zero, and St Mirren would have justified it by saying it was all they could afford. So should Hearts fans be annoyed about the 2013 League Cup Final?

Rangers can't afford any new players, so are using connections they have within the game to get loan deals for next to nothing. Again, your club certainly would never do that so I guess you're entitled to say what you are...

372805_1.jpg

_62613056_dummett.jpg

_72210680_newton.jpg

217195-adam-campbell.jpg

BvZrm_7CEAAxxuq.jpg

I don't see why Hearts fans should be annoyed about us using 3 loaned players in the cup final when they used 2 themselves.

It's relevant not because of NewRangers but because it highlights what a farce the loan system has become. It's ridiculous that any club can bring in so many ringers, from the same loaning club, at the same time to help them gain promotion or avoid relegation. The OP's right for the wrong reason. Sporting integrity's taken a massive hit here.

Sporting integrity has been in hiding for a long while.

I don't see why Hearts fans should be annoyed about us using 3 loaned players in the cup final when they used 2 themselves.

That was the point, neither side did anything wrong by using loanees.

Really? I'm not so sure given when he came in that they would have much, if any, budget left over to make a reasonable contribution to his wage. He wouldn't have been on peanuts.

Archived