Cereal

ScottR96

Poured myself a bowl of weetabix tonight and my flatmate (a poster on here, however will remain anonymous for fear of the flat getting firebombed) was genuinely appalled that I was eating it cold. Apparently it's completely normal behaviour to heat weetabix in the microwave until it's a warm, soggy mess.

What's the consensus on this? On twitter it was that he's a complete weirdo but I'll let P&B decide.

Discuss.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weetabix Cold with almonds or berries. Any other temperature is for reprobates and sexual devients

I'm jumping above the parapet and say I liked Rice Krispies warm (30 seconds) as a kid. Does that make me a bad person?

Poured myself a bowl of weetabix tonight and my flatmate (a poster on here, however will remain anonymous for fear of the flat getting firebombed) was genuinely appalled that I was eating it cold.

Easy money making tip if you have Weetabix and someone half pissed in the house (other than yourself):

Say to the other person "I bet you a tenner you can't eat a dry Weetabix in under a minute". Then let them make the bet in a cocky manner and watch them take the first bite, only to see that look that says "Awww f***, I've just lost a tenner" as every drop of saliva from their mouth gets sooked up like the milk you'd normally pour in.

You can thank me later, although I'll accept a 10% finders fee type donation. I must have won at least £50 out of this, even though one guy actually managed it once. <_<

ETA: Woah, woah, woah, hold the bus (I just read the post properly). It's normal for people to heat up their Weetabix? :huh: P&B does it again as this is almost on a par with that moment I realised that some people on this forum actually stand up to wipe their arse.

FWIW, I have two of mine served 'bleu' with cold semi-skimmed milk and a good covering of granulated sugar, white. Half of the Weetabix area should be exposed (post milk sook) to avoid a mushy mess within a minute. Oh, and if you're on dishes duty, the bowl should be washed shortly after finishing to save you breaking your wrists trying to get the dried bits off later that day.

ETA: Woah, woah, woah, hold the bus (I just read the post properly). It's normal for people to heat up their Weetabix? :huh: P&B does it again as this is almost on a par with that moment I realised that some people on this forum actually stand up to wipe their arse.

FWIW, I have two of mine served 'bleu' with cold semi-skimmed milk and a good covering of granulated sugar, white. Half of the Weetabix area should be exposed (post milk sook) to avoid a mushy mess within a minute. Oh, and if you're on dishes duty, the bowl should be washed shortly after finishing to save you breaking your wrists trying to get the dried bits off later that day.

I'd put 2 weetabix into a bowl, fill it with milk until it's around 4/5ths up the side of the weetabix and then put it in the microwave until it's soft and soggy but still intact. I'd then sprinkle it with sugar. Perfect. I'd never have even considered eating it cold had I not seen ScottR96 do it earlier. I am known for liking (apparently) odd food though such as golden syrup sandwiches which a surprising number of people have never tried. The difference is, I know golden syrup sandwiches are a little hipster but I genuinely thought everyone was on the same level on the weetabix front.

Can't take the opinions of P&B posters too seriously though, especially considering a number of its users admitted to wiping their arse sitting down.

The only such food to be eaten hot is porridge, unless you're my kids, who are among these strange folk who like weetabix with hot milk.

Always eaten it with cold milk, myself. Seeing it all soggy turns my stomach.

Only thing to annoy me more is my other half's habit of calling it "Wheatabix" and writing it like that on the shopping list.

Archived