Save Brig O'Lea Stadium

Brig O'Lea

Brog O'Lea, You are not the first club that local councils aim to evict for housing, nor will you be the last.

You have a big advantage at the moment with an election looming in May. They are reluctant to upset any one group, so how to go about retaining your park?

1, It is unlikely that local counselors came up with the developement plan, more likely the office wallahs almost certainly with no local contact with Neilston. Planners they call them, to keep their job they have to come with new ideas mainly to keep their jobs. If it fails to materialise they just move onto some other plan.

2. Get up a petition and hit your counselors with it. If your case is backed by the local people then they will be running scared, so would you if you knew how much cash and ex's they were on'

3. No joy from them? Then who is your MP and MSP throw it in their path, they are even more scared of losing their gravy train cash from Westminster or Edinburgh.

Just get working agitating for Brig O' Lea it will be safe.

Brog O'Lea, You are not the first club that local councils aim to evict for housing, nor will you be the last.

You have a big advantage at the moment with an election looming in May. They are reluctant to upset any one group, so how to go about retaining your park?

1, It is unlikely that local counselors came up with the developement plan, more likely the office wallahs almost certainly with no local contact with Neilston. Planners they call them, to keep their job they have to come with new ideas mainly to keep their jobs. If it fails to materialise they just move onto some other plan.

2. Get up a petition and hit your counselors with it. If your case is backed by the local people then they will be running scared, so would you if you knew how much cash and ex's they were on'

3. No joy from them? Then who is your MP and MSP throw it in their path, they are even more scared of losing their gravy train cash from Westminster or Edinburgh.

Just get working agitating for Brig O' Lea it will be safe.

It all sounds so simple. I don't know how anything closes when this is all you really need to do!

The local community council are with us, as are the majority of the villagers as NE63 Exile said earlier. There will be time for other stuff further down the road, right now our concern is to get as many as possible to comment on the consultation and let the local authority know that feelings are high.

The worse thing that can happen in a consultation exercise is that no one comments because that just gives out the impression that no one cares and that is a green light to planners.

So you don't need to be a Neilston supporter, anyone can comment as per my leaflet if they want to continue seeing their team visit Brig O'Lea. It all helps.

Thanks.

It all sounds so simple. I don't know how anything closes when this is all you really need to do

There is 'nothing simple' about the hard work needed to organise a community in a battle against eviction.

It looks as though Brig O'Lea is already well on the way to combat the planning department. That is the 'simple' point I was making.

There is 'nothing simple' about the hard work needed to organise a community in a battle against eviction.

It looks as though Brig O'Lea is already well on the way to combat the planning department. That is the 'simple' point I was making.

Are you still barred from the social club honorary president? :)

Back on topic, I really hope The Farmers Boys don't get evicted, a great wee atmospheric ground to visit. As has already been said the locals are very welcoming and they have an extremely loyal and hardworking committee who will fight tooth and nail to stay where they are. Good luck Guys.

Archived