New Rangers to become Newcastle Feeder Club?

I am pretty sure Mike Ashley takes little to do with who and what is done at that level. Maybe a case of Newcastle and Rangers managers /coaches getting together and deciding who goes where.

I am pretty sure your own club did pretty well with a couple of Newcastle Youngsters

two of the three were really good Dummet and newton would have them back any day. I'm sure rangers will have one or two gems out the 5

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember me telling you he was utter gash and nowhere near the standard Falkirk required.

You told me he was going to be a star of the future with (old) rangers ;)

Davie Weir made a few of them look good tbh.

I believe he is at Raith Rovers now or at least he was. Their supporters are even less complimentary than you were regarding his performances. ;)

Rangers being played like a cheap fiddle by Ashley.

The money he's loaned Rangers will be paying for the wages, which in effect simply increases how quickly he's making his money back.

Bigirimana, Vuckic and Ferguson were all promising youngsters but won't have kicked a ball in earnest in 6 months. I don't think you can expect them to be dropped into the mess that is New Rangers and make an immediate impact.

That said, it's a bit rich of any Heats fans to make much noise about this as we did it for several seasons under Romanov.

I am anti-rangers, and I agree whole-heartedly with everything you say.

Most people would class themselves as being fans of a team but no not our Norman, he's anti Rangers.

Says it all.

McCoist was a guest of Man City.(1) McCoist and Durrant were very friendly with the former Spurs manager AVB. They had also been offered Andros Townsend but Whyte cancelled the deal as he also did with the Grant Holt transfer.

The bit about the Hearts thread is just utter nonsense. Budge herself has come out and said both sets of supporters were at fault. (2)

1. Apologies. I should have made myself clear. I meant that nothing was allowed to get in the way of his getting pissed up on other people's money.

2. I'm fairly sure Ann Budge never referred to one person as "Hearts fans", nor described one incident thus:

"As far as the trouble goes. A few Hearts fans walked by the demonstration before the game and started chanting at the Rangers fans. There was a scuffle and a few punches thrown. IMO they were lucky it wasnt far worse." (My highlight, your explicit admission that the expected response from your fans to a bit of piss-taking is violence)

So this just goes to show Murray Park should be flattened as there appears to be none of the youths good enough to get into the first team. Goodness they must be really poor.

Ashley will sell it to a developer to be the next Darras Hall.

McLeod,Aird,Crawford,Hegarty and Barrie McKay among others were all promoted to the first team squad two seasons ago and they were all given an extended run in or around the first team and they were found out. They simply were not good enough. With one obvious exception but of course we sold him for a pittance to Brentford!

I'd say they did well to get as much as they did for him.

I'd say they did well to get as much as they did for him.

Maybe, but players (in my opinion) of a lesser quality in Scotland have moved for equal or larger transfer fee's in recent times. So compared to the money those clubs have brought in for players from teams down south a fee of £1m is slightly disappointing.

Fair play to Brentford, they tested Rangers' desperation for money and got a player for an absolute bargain.

Ah well.

In regards to the influx of players from Newcastle, most of the current Rangers team have given up so bringing in players with a point to prove will hopefully give the side a boost in terms of playing some good football. If Newcastle are paying their salary, which I expect they are, then it's win-win for Rangers and helps Newcastle also.

Vuckic, Streete and bigi cane across well in their interviews. They seem eager to impress and spoke about what types of players they are. The boy Bigi is my favourite already, he's like a Marvin Andrews II on twitter :lol:

Twitter. f**k's sake.

Surely now the priority must be to borrow a coach from somewhere that can get the best out of these guys and not to ruin them like those who have come to Ibrox already!

Law.Templeton, Shiels all good players at previous clubs who have gone backwards at Ibrox!

The owner of one club loaning another club five players may not be that unusual, however, when the owner has a major say on how that loanee club is run it becomes murky. It would appear that Mike Ashley is giving the two fingers to the SFA and they are taking it like the bitches that they are. Will these players make a difference to Sevco’s play-off/title challenge? Only time will tell on that one.

The fact is that the loans don't break rules because they aren't domestic. The SFA are therefore quite powerless to tackle that aspect - it's not really a question of shitebaggery.

The test of that will be whether they call Ashley out on the nonsensical claim that he doesn't exert influence at Ibrox.

Archived