Nonsense.

Allan

Robertson

Craig

McGeough

Cummings

Malonga

Easy Hibs win

I've supported Hibs long enough to know we shouldn't expect a result against anyone.

We've proved already this season we can beat them but I think we'll need to be in top form to get the win. It won't be easy.

I've supported Hibs long enough to know we shouldn't expect a result against anyone.

We've proved already this season we can beat them but I think we'll need to be in top form to get the win. It won't be easy.

You will do it don't worry, a very talented young Hibs side will dispatch of that shower 8)

Better get the popcorn bought for next Friday :)

Yep.

As much as I'm behind Stubbs and really enjoy what he's doing at the moment, it would be a very 'Hibs' like thing to get beaten at ibrox on Friday.

It'll take a lot more than half a season of decent football in the championship to bring me round.

Yep.

As much as I'm behind Stubbs and really enjoy what he's doing at the moment, it would be a very 'Hibs' like thing to get beaten at ibrox on Friday.

It'll take a lot more than half a season of decent football in the championship to bring me round.

At least with Stubbs in charge you can see a game plan and the team go out to get positive results, we've got a chance to win any game when we are on form.

We've a reputation for fucking up when we're confident and people expect us to win. Hopefully the young studs of Hibernian end this hoodoo against the dinosaurs of Newcostle

Can't afford to miss the same kind chances we have in the last couple of weeks against them on Friday. They are utterly gash but I always get the same feeling that they'll somehow turn up and play well/look up for giving us a game for once. Malonga being back is a massive boost.

I'd go:

Cerny

Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Gray Stvenson

Robertson

Allan Mcgeouch

Cummings Malonga

That's exactly what I'd go for.

I wasn't impressed with many of the players against Arbroath.

We appear to have dropped our performance on several occasions, against sides that we are clear favourites against.

It took a kick up the backside from Arbroath walking around our players, before some players picked up the pace.

We looked more competitive in the friendly against Berwick Rangers!

Impromptu Arbroath rant:

I don't want to detract from Arbroath's performance, but most of the team were playing at walking pace, which we can only get away with against Newcostle.

Craig somehow managed to become even more shite, whilst spouting even more shite to the opposition & referee.

Hanlon turned into his 2011 self and tried to get us relegated.

Gray, DjéDjé and Robertson looked a bit sluggish and each started the game badly - perhaps fitness related?

Fontaine & Stevenson looked poorer than they have been this season too; they put in more effort than most. They had no help from midfield either.

Allan got frustrated, quite rightly, as players weren't getting close to some great passes through. He needs to stop stopping when it doesn't come off, that includes freezing in place when he gets (easily) shrugged off the ball. He could've won the ball back several times, but was too quick to give in - like the people that gave him MotM before 77 minutes.

Cummings had one of his frustrating games where he got several chances and fluffed them, then got frustrated.

McGeouch injected some much-needed drive into the game and scored a great goal as Arbroath tired.

DjéDjé's game in the second half improved after he found his touch, he needs to start more games to get up to scratch. He shown his appreciation to our physio with his goal celebration and Stubbs also made a scathing remark about the 'care' he had been given at previous clubs; he may still be recovering.

Fyvie didn't know what to do with himself, but he needed the game-time just like several others.

One player that also needed the game-time was Černý, I was very surprised that he didn't play.

Černý has to start. I can't think of a logically sound reason for him not playing.

Gray & Robertson looked unfit yesterday, so hopefully they can get up to speed by Friday.

Same goes for Forster, who I'd like to see return in order for us to play 5-3-2 again.

I'd call for Cummings to be rested if DjéDjé looked fitter/sharper. Besides, Mike Ashley runs Rangers; Cummings owns them.

The midfield trio you've chosen would benefit from a back five. The paradox at the moment is Allan & McGeouch playing infront/behind one another. They've had interchanging levels of success when they've played near each other. Perhaps they'd do well in your formation rather than with one of them 'in the hole'.

We desperately need a defensive-midfielder to complete that side.

I still feel confident of walking over The Walk Aways, should the 1/2/3 Newcostle players look as off as they against Raith Rovers today.

Can't afford to miss the same kind chances we have in the last couple of weeks against them on Friday. They are utterly gash but I always get the same feeling that they'll somehow turn up and play well/look up for giving us a game for once. Malonga being back is a massive boost.

If we use a 5-3-2 again, I reckon we would benefit from a more positive Newcostle side; we hit them on the break effectively last time, at Ibrox. I just hope our players look sharper and fitter than they did against Arbroath otherwise Rangers could snatch a consolation goal.

Rangers, rather incredibly, have become more rank under McDowall than they were with McCoist. Ross Callachan, who by all means is a good player for ourselves, bossed the game today and ran the show against 6 month wonders like Black. Callachan was being torn apart last week by Scott Allan. With Fyvie now in the mix too, I genuinely think Hibs should be looking to take 4 or 5 off Rangers again.

Archived