Sign in to follow this  
Tynierose

Nicky Walker suspension (SJFA)

I know its been said he wasn't available today but did anyone check that.

I would have thought the cup game as it was scheduled to take place on 17th Jan and roll over until complete would have been game two of ban so he could take part in any other games including today.

The ban should have been completed before the Cup tie was due to be played so that's not the reason. His first game of ban was the 3rd of January against Camelon, the second game was meant to be Broxburn on the 10th, this game was abandoned at HT.

I don't agree with teams playing games to deliberately free someone from suspension but i dont think this really was the case here.

If the SJFA took the above as being the case then they should have informed Bo'ness of this and thus Walker being available for today.

However, IMO a two-game means you miss your clubs next two games so this incident yet again confirms another reason why people think the Junior game is a joke ran by clowns!

You get incompetent idiots looking to exert their power at every level of football not just junior football.

You guys seem rattled by this to the extent of f**k the juniors let's join the lowland league, instead of focusing on dealing with this and having the final laugh and turning over hurlford and progressing. The beaks always win these type of things they will be making this call knowing they have their backs covered.

Am I not right in thinking that Scottish Junior Cup bans get confirmed and start after their disciplinary meeting? When was it?

He was sent-off in the league though, and according to Tynieness would (without abandonments and postponements) have completed the ban weeks ago.

EDIT: Aye. He was sent-off in the league v Penicuik on December 27th.

Served 1st game v Camelon on January 3rd.

Was serving 2nd game v Broxburn on January 10th but was abandoned. Then game postponed last week. Then served it v Carnoustie today.

Edited by HibeeJibee

We had a situation a few years ago where a player had a 2game ban, served one and was due to serve the 2nd in a cup replay with Lochee. If Newlandsfield was playable and Lochee wasn't, we would have played Largs in the league, and the player would have been available for Largs, then suspended when we played Lochee again.

The tackle wasn't particularly bad. A typical forwards challenge really. Late, but more mistimed than malicious. SJFA are a fucking joke.

I wasn't for the pyramid system or the Lowland League initially, but when Junior Clubs are frequently at the mercy of the incompetent thicko's that are the SJFA it makes you think again...

But surely the decision to alter it cannot be made by one man. There would need to be a meeting and minutes of the meeting would be available ? Sounds like the SJFA are making a massive issue our of nothing here. OK , if Bo"Ness had played a midweek league or local cup tie to make a player available for a scottish tie you could say there might be a reason to extend but not surely in these circumstances

No way should he serve a 3 match ban if it was a 2 match ban.

Are they are saying he is banned for the Hurlford match whenever it's finally played ? if so then he should have been eligible to play any other match played in between.

Had the ban been extended to 3 then the player and club would have to be made aware.

We had a situation a few years ago where a player had a 2game ban, served one and was due to serve the 2nd in a cup replay with Lochee. If Newlandsfield was playable and Lochee wasn't, we would have played Largs in the league, and the player would have been available for Largs, then suspended when we played Lochee again.

This might be the situation I faintly recall from a few years ago... Can anyone find the relevant rule in the Junior Cup rulebook? That would be the obvious way to clarify things. It must be defined: I gave examples of other scenarios in which a cup-tie could be postponed, delayed or cancelled.

It would still be strange though. What is so special about the Junior Cup (or does this apply to any cup)? And anyway, why should a ban accrued in the league apply to the Junior Cup just since a Junior Cup tie happened to have been scheduled at some point in which the ban ran over into?

Edited by HibeeJibee

He was sent-off in the league though, and according to Tynieness would (without abandonments and postponements) have completed the ban weeks ago.

EDIT: Aye. He was sent-off in the league v Penicuik on December 27th.

Served 1st game v Camelon on January 3rd.

Was serving 2nd game v Broxburn on January 10th but was abandoned. Then game postponed last week. Then served it v Carnoustie today.

ta for the clarification - if that's all correct he would have been suspended as is being said on 3/1/15.

So is it the scenario that all ineligible players for a Junior Cup tie remain so until the cup tie is complete?

Edited by cmontheloknow

So is it the scenario that all ineligible players for a Junior Cup tie remain so until the cup tie is complete?

Sounds like it in a nutshell.

I might be right or wrong here but if the Broxburn game hadn't been abandoned then there wouldn't have been a problem and Nicky would have served his suspension and been clear to play in the Scottish.

At one time if a Scottish Cup game was cancelled the teams involved couldn't play any game until the Scottish game was played, this has obviously changed but what has not changed is that the games cannot be used to free a player from suspension this can only happen in games already scheduled.

Lets say Hurford had a player in the same position as Nicky but they couldn't arrange another game to get the suspension out the way they would think that Bo'ness had gained an unfair advantage.

As I said I might be right or I might be wrong but I think this is how it works.

I might be right or wrong here but if the Broxburn game hadn't been abandoned then there wouldn't have been a problem and Nicky would have served his suspension and been clear to play in the Scottish.

At one time if a Scottish Cup game was cancelled the teams involved couldn't play any game until the Scottish game was played, this has obviously changed but what has not changed is that the games cannot be used to free a player from suspension this can only happen in games already scheduled.

Lets say Hurford had a player in the same position as Nicky but they couldn't arrange another game to get the suspension out the way they would think that Bo'ness had gained an unfair advantage.

As I said I might be right or I might be wrong but I think this is how it works.

I can see the logic in this but why was he still banned from playing today? That's why Bo'ness are upset I think.

This topic is to raise the awareness of a shambolic situation in respect of this players suspension.

Bo'ness United midfielder Nicky Walker received a red card against Penicuik on the 27th of December.

Subsequently he was given a two match ban.

Nicky was due to complete the ban against Broxburn however the match was abandoned at half time meaning he would miss the Junior Cup tie against Hurlford on the 17th of January. This match has now been called of three times and in the intervening period Bo'ness arranged to play Musselburgh (off) and today played Carnoustie in a league fixture

As such Walker completed his two match suspension today...

Or at least you would think so but not according to the head of the SJFA who for some reason thinks that Walker should be suspended for next weeks tie at Hurlford.

You would think he would have a point if Bo'ness had tried to circumvent the suspension by arranging a midweek game to complete the ban but instead they have merely played a fixture sanctioned by the East Region. Also take into consideration that the ban was meant to have been completed before the Hurlford tie even took place. Would they have added an extra game if the Broxburn game had been completed? No, not a chance.

So how can they say Walker has not served his suspension?

How can they insist that Walker misses the Hurlford tie.

I'm sure Nicky Walker will be on the park next week and I'm convinced that the SFA or whoever Bo'ness United need to appeal too will see the sheer idiocy of the situation.

It really is time for a change at the top in the juniors.

p.s First game of ban served v Camelon on 03/01/15

Tae think that some folk reckoned that Juniors fans couldn't count the moon. Glad this proves them all wrong.