Sign in to follow this  
Tynierose

Nicky Walker suspension (SJFA)

Something doesn't make any sense here, unless the ban didn't come into force until after the Camelon game for some reason.

Bo'ness v Penucuik was a league match. If he was given a 2-game ban, why would it be served as 1 league game and 1 game in the Junior Cup...

... let alone 2 league games, and then 1 game in the Junior Cup as well, making 3.

Scuzz also makes an interesting point. If the Hurlford tie is off next week and Bo'ness play something else, does he miss that too, like today? Making 4?

The Camelon game was definitely included in the ban. This whole situation is farcical and the player and club have been left bemused by the stance of the SJFA on this one.

Tynie, have the SJFA actually said he is not available yet ?. A 2 match ban is a 2 match ban and if he has served 2 matches surely he should be able to play

Tynie, have the SJFA actually said he is not available yet ?. A 2 match ban is a 2 match ban and if he has served 2 matches surely he should be able to play

The head of the SJFA has been in contact with the club to advise that Walker should not play against Hurlford.

The head of the SJFA has been in contact with the club to advise that Walker should not play against Hurlford.

Big difference between should not and can not

Under cup competition rules ..

26. The Association shall have power to make Cup Competition Rules which shall be binding on clubs, club officials, members and players as they present, exist, or as they may from time to time be altered, and such rules shall be read and held as part of these rules.

So in theory they can say to a club your player got sent off in a league game and got a 2 game ban but on top of this due to the severity of the incident we feel he should miss his next cup game as well. We can do this as we can alter rules and do what we want.

Out of interest how bad was the tackle? and was a player badly injured ?

Edited by RobRoyGuy

Surely Bo'ness will ask for clarity on why he is advised not to play ?

Sounds like the beaks are deciding which games the player should be banned from definitely can't be right , surely the ban just covers the next two games played .

Tynieness - is SJFA saying that you might've deliberately arranged today's league game to clear his ban, "dastardly cunning" so-to-speak, so he shouldn't play until whenever the Hurlford match is played - regardless of how many games that is?

That is what is being said. that being the case he should have been able to play today...

The Camelon game was definitely included in the ban. This whole situation is farcical and the player and club have been left bemused by the stance of the SJFA on this one.

Cheers, well it sounds inexplicable to me then. If a man is sent-off, given a 2 match bans, and serves 2 games out, then surely that's it.

But did you see my edit? Something rings a bell from a similar situation a few years ago.

However, why would it be specific to the Junior Cup. And how would it be fair to miss X more games waiting on a Junior Cup tie to be played.

Also, how would it be defined, e.g.:

* what if the Junior Cup tie was postponed due to the other team not having completed the previous round? that could go on for weeks

* what if it was over-ridden by a Scottish Cup tie, which has priority?

* what if the club's region issued them with a back-up game, especially if the Junior Cup tie was off well in advance? could you refuse to play

Anyone find the clause in the rulebook?

I assume this will go down to the rule book but being the SJFA there will be a clause saying the SJFA have the final decision !!

Were Boness told he was not available today or did they just decide to leave him out ?

He was not available today, just like he wasn't available against Broxburn as it was the second match of his two game suspension

I assume this will go down to the rule book but being the SJFA there will be a clause saying the SJFA have the final decision !!

Exactly my post on the previous page from rule book , they run the competition and have the power to alter rules and exert their powers. They may feel that whatever incident the player got sent off for a 2 game ban was leniant and want to ban him from the next game he is due to play in their cup.

He can now play a league game but must miss the hurlford game whenever it is played,ar the origanak ban included that game

That would be bizarre RRG...

Every competition has such a rule - a sort of "catch-all" - but you don't see the SFA banning people from Scottish Cup ties, after someone in Hampden saw them playing in a league game and thought to themselves - "ooh, that was a really bad tackle, to show everyone that he has been an awfully bad boy we'll ban him from playing any games until his club plays a tie in an unrelated cup which they still happen to be in".

That can't be the story. Surely.

He can now play a league game but must miss the hurlford game whenever it is played,ar the origanak ban included that game

That sounds more plausible, but something still doesn't add-up. Firstly, why couldn't he play today. And secondly, why would a 2 game ban apply to 1 league game and then a Junior Cup tie (whenever it ended-up being played) just because the cup-tie happened to be due shortly after?

Edited by HibeeJibee

I know its been said he wasn't available today but did anyone check that.

I would have thought the cup game as it was scheduled to take place on 17th Jan and roll over until complete would have been game two of ban so he could take part in any other games including today.

The tackle wasn't particularly bad. A typical forwards challenge really. Late, but more mistimed than malicious. SJFA are a fucking joke.

I suspect RRG's explanation is total b*llocks (no offence RRG)... They surely wouldn't have used what effectively amounts to the football rulebook equivalent of declaring a State of Emergency, to give one club a strangely contrived ban for a bad tackle, then not told anyone. Did you just find that in the rulebook and "put 2+2 together", RRG?

I know its been said he wasn't available today but did anyone check that.

I would have thought the cup game as it was scheduled to take place on 17th Jan and roll over until complete would have been game two of ban so he could take part in any other games including today.

That sounds more plausible but why have that particular exception. I also noted some potential scenarios in post #33 which could be even odder.

And it appears neither of the 2 games was due to fall on a Junior Cup tie anyway - the 2nd fell on an abandoned game, then a postponed one.

Edited by HibeeJibee