Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Tynierose

Nicky Walker suspension (SJFA)

Recommended Posts

Boness were informed on Saturday morning that Nicky Walker would not be allowed to play in the Carnoustie game due to suspension. They were also informed that Nicky Walker would be suspended for the Scottish Cup game next week.

Was it the same person that told them?

Or is it as we know the left hand not knowing what the right hands doing at SJFA!?

If this is the case then I do feel sympathy with Bo'ness for possibly being misinformed somewhere along the line. But I would be looking for written clarification before Walker steps onto the pitch for any further game if I were Bo'ness.! I know this shouldn't be the case but cover your ass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a scenario!

If Hurlford were to buy Nicky Walker from Bo'ness would you still be wanting him to play in the cup match? Mmm lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a scenario!

If Hurlford were to buy Nicky Walker from Bo'ness would you still be wanting him to play in the cup match? Mmm lol

would he not be cup tied? I dunno if he's played in previous rounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a scenario!

If Hurlford were to buy Nicky Walker from Bo'ness would you still be wanting him to play in the cup match? Mmm lol

Ueah,buy him,play him. By all means,then if u win we can protest about u playing a cup tied player ????????,to be honest if 1 of ur players was in the same position,i would hope he would play,TJ mentions the integrity of the cup,but all integrity os out the window,where else does a player with a 2 game ban get 3 games?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usual pi5h

Surprised he's not entered the race to become FIFA's next President. Tom - Sepp Blatter - Johnston, has a sort ring to it does it not. He has all the attributes. Like promoting the game, finding sponsors, leading from the front, extraordinary PR qualities and above all maintaining self preservation. What a CV. :thumbsdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And at the end of the day if the Broxburn game were not abandoned it would not be a subject of debate on here or anywhere else. P.S. Johnston is still a waste of time and breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the Evening News article and Mr Johnstone has admitted that Bo'ness were told it was effectively a three match ban for the player, and then he has the cheek to talk about integrity! What an absolute joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point is, if they had been told that the suspension stands for the Hurlford game then why oh why were they told he couldnt play against Carnoustie? I'm sure Bo'ness would have been disappointed with that outcome but at least they could have fielded the player and everybody knew where they stood.

Edited by Scuzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the Evening News article and Mr Johnstone has admitted that Bo'ness were told it was effectively a three match ban for the player, and then he has the cheek to talk about integrity! What an absolute joke.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/local-football/bo-ness-contest-junior-cup-ban-for-midfielder-1-3679095

That is link for article.

Bo'ness United and the East Region must be in a parallel universe as they have a much different understanding to what has been discussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ueah,buy him,play him. By all means,then if u win we can protest about u playing a cup tied player ,to be honest if 1 of ur players was in the same position,i would hope he would play,TJ mentions the integrity of the cup,but all integrity os out the window,where else does a player with a 2 game ban get 3 games?????

Personally I hope the guy is free to play and then we can all concentrate on supporting our relative teams instead of the ineptness of those at the top. I look forward to welcoming Bo'ness to Blair Park on Saturday ( of course weather permitting).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the Evening News article and Mr Johnstone has admitted that Bo'ness were told it was effectively a three match ban for the player, and then he has the cheek to talk about integrity! What an absolute joke.

He doesn't know the meaning of the word integrity. He is an absolute joke of a man who can make up any rules just to show the power at his disposal. Time he was removed, and quickly or is he Juniors equivalent of Sepp Blatter. Well done teflon Tom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't find any mention of it in the rulebook.

At least Tom Johnston has clarified SJFA's position on the matter... which seems to be - [1] they regard the arrangement of the Carnoustie game as an attempt to clear his ban surreptitiously; and [2] he was banned against both Carnoustie and Hurford, making 3 games in total.

Walker sat out the 1-0 win, with Bo’ness believing he would be eligible for this weekend’s match against Hurlford. However, SJFA secretary Tom Johnston has ruled that isn’t the case and has described the match against Carnoustie as a ‘game of convenience’.

"... putting a game on which will use up a suspension, we then advise them of the consequences. The consequences were that Walker would miss that game and the Scottish Cup tie if it goes ahead this week.

“They requested and then subsequently accepted the game, knowing that their player would be suspended for that game and the next game. “We are trying to achieve the integrity of the Scottish Junior Cup ...

“If they played Nicky Walker it is highly likely that they would be ejected from the cup if they go through, or if they don’t go through, then we would take alternative action against them.

How anyone can receive a 2-game ban yet then be banned from 3 games is beyond me. But this is the Juniors, literally different rules apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I can't get into my head is the fact Nicky had a two game suspension? The next two games were Camelon then Broxburn yes, Broxburn abandoned at half time fair enough, Next game scheduled Hurlford never even on for two weeks, then Carnoustie Ban served, Therefore if the game at Broxburn had finished end of suspension and Hurlford game would never be mentioned so by all rights the suspension should have been served in two league games and that in the end is what has happened. How can anybody say his next game was Hurlford? It clearly wasn't it has to be the next fixture played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about the official scheduling sequence. Camelon, Broxburn, Hurlford. Any departure from that and he can't play in fixtures which are issued in the interim.

It's a pretty straightforward position that the SJFA has taken. It would have more merit if teams could rely on a fixture list which had a hint of planning about it. But the Juniors choose not to plan fixture lists to any significant extent.

Anyway, Tynie, show us how beelin you are. And someone check up on the welfare of your justice neighbourino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HTG

You just get your piggy bank open to pay our bar bill. And the meal too.

What again is worth noting is that the club were told Walker couldn't play against Carnoustie and was also not eligible for Hurlford effectively meaning a double punishment.

Nothing about the completely amateur juniors hierarchy amazes me.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt and settle for calling them a shower of incompetent buffoons as opposed to anything more sinister.

Edited by Tynieness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question

At whose "convenience" was the Linlithgow v Fauldhouse game arranged for ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although the "rule" is clearly daft - especially since the ban wasn't supposed to cover a cup game initially - at least it's been clarified and, if we're to take Mr Johnston at his word, it seems Bo'ness played the Carnoustie game on the understanding that Nicky can't play in any such fixtures or the Hurlford game, and won't be able to play another game until after that tie. The SJFA ought to re-consider it for the future though.

Let's just hope Hurlford don't go into financial meltdown and are unable to fulfil the fixture, otherwise presumably Nicky will be suspended in perpetuity and his career will be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×