• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Tynierose

Nicky Walker suspension (SJFA)

I can see the logic in this but why was he still banned from playing today? That's why Bo'ness are upset I think.

I can see the logic in this but why was he still banned from playing today? That's why Bo'ness are upset I think.

That bit I don't understand.

If a Bo'ness player got sent off today and got a one match ban, would he then be available for the cup game as it should have been played before today's match?

Why don't the powers that be explain the situation. A 2 match ban should not become 3.

It would then let Bo'ness see what appeal routes would be available if necessary or is this

a case of the SJFA making it up as they go along.

If a Bo'ness player got sent off today and got a one match ban, would he then be available for the cup game as it should have been played before today's match?

Yes if he decided to appeal sending off...

Think this is a case of sjfa ruling that boness arranged match to free player for cup tie (we all know that's not the case , but try telling them that ) .

Fking joke , Mr Johnstone busy flogging a dead horse (super duppa league) yet he can't use common sense regarding this issue,

Time for change ,time for fans to get their clubs to vote out these clowns for the good of the junior game.

Time to stop faffing around with the SJFA 'making it up as they go along' clowns.

0141 221 8888
and contact David Martin MEP.
0131 440 9040
You won't get him but his assistant who can help. Ideally Nimmo will have lost money from Bo'ness by missing games. Martin will see the actions of the SJFA as prejudicing his human rights and employment opportunities.
David Martin was the guy who got rid of the retention nonsense, so he does get things done.
Danger is if the club leads with this or Nimmo himself they will be victimised by the bloody minded idiots at the SJFA, starting with the brain dead Tom Johnstone. Just like the player for Petershill(?) who shouted something at Johnstone while playing and ended up banned for bringing the game into disrepute.
I would say his shouts brought the game into repute.
So don't play by their made up rules. Play it to the law of the land.
Edited by Man on a bike

At present due to the backlog of fixture if a clubs away game is postponed and their own pitch is playable the East Region encourage clubs in this situation to contact them with a view to arrange a fixture if possible. Bo'ness are complying with this request and are not trying to eliminate a player's suspension

Nicky was banned for 2 games,Camelon & Broxburn,a game which is now void,so the next scheduled game was Hurlford,which became game 2,a game cancelled 3 times,the game today would have been sanctioned by the relevent association (E.region)therefore the sjfa would also sanction the game,meaning the game should stand as the 2nd game,so Nicky should be free to play next week.

Years ago,junior players were banned not for games but time, Brian Eadie,a BU striker for a 3 month ban,but due to bad weather,missed 1game

the million dollar question is though

did anyone official from boness make official contact today to clarify this or did they just decide themselves that

he was banned today and not play him.

Its clear the SJFA are looking on this as an extra game and so not part of the ban... So he should have played today..

Bottom line is that Tom Johnston hates anyone questioning his authority never mind his ability. Deep down he probably realises he has made a Roger Hunt of the situation but he will take to his foxhole and wait this one out. The two game ban has been served. #freeNicky

If your going with the east website I don't think it's been updated as we have suspended player who got 2 games which was last week and today but still showing 2 games

It seems to me that the sjfa are saying that the official sequence of games following the sending off were Camelon, Broxburn and Hurlford. Camelon was played, Broxburn wasn't so the next officially scheduled game was the Junior cup. I assume they view any alternative fixtures played in the interim as just that - interim fixtures. And I further assume that in these circumstances Walker was free to play today and Bo'ness "opted" not to play him. As Rosey says, Bo'ness would have been wise to verify his availability today - maybe they did. I can see both sides of this and I recall that we had Carrigan sent off against Bo'ness in the cup in November 2008 and he was not allowed to miss interim games but remained suspended when we played Cumnock towards the end of January. That makes me think that if you're sent off in the cup you remain suspended for the cup and therefore slightly surprising that a sending off in a league game cannot be served by missing 2 subsequent league games.

Them's the breaks eh ...

Edited by HTG

As the Rose lads say - did BU double-check Walker's availability for today? If it is SJFA policy for players due to miss a Scottish Junior Cup tie to still be suspended when that tie is played (in the event of a postponement or three), then club officials should be aware of this and should have known he would be able to play in a league game without it counting towards the ban.

It seems pretty clear that a few procedural things need to be clarified. It's vaguely reminiscent of the big Scottish's rule that only players available for the first match can play in a replayed tie except here it's players banned for the original tie stay banned until the game takes place.

There are a few solutions such as banning all clubs who have Scottish Junior Cup ties from taking a rearranged competitive game, or keep it as it is but ensure no mix-ups occur by having clearer black and white rules, making all outstanding suspensions appear online as they do for the regions.

But here's a thing: what if Walker still had 2 games to serve on his ban when the Hurlford game came up? And lets say BU managed to arrange two games on two postponed matchdays - would neither count? Is the ban effectively frozen in time until the cup tie is played and then it can continue counting up? Seems a real mess, that one.

Edited by cmontheloknow

I know its been said he wasn't available today but did anyone check that.

I would have thought the cup game as it was scheduled to take place on 17th Jan and roll over until complete would have been game two of ban so he could take part in any other games including today.

That was case with us back in the winter of 2010/11. Ryan Jordan had one game of a ban to serve and that was due to fall against Tayport in the Scottish cup on the last Saturday in November 2010. The game was postponed for weeks, and we eventually got to play a league match against Cumnock in mid January and we were informed by the SJFA that Ryan would be available for the League game and would still serve his ban against Tayport whenever it was finally played.

Making it up as they go along. The sooner we join up to the lowland league the better for me.

This. The SJFA are a joke outfit. Those running the junior game are a shambles.

What's needed is clarity of SJFA rules..but that's no gonna happen cause they will just change them when and if...like the invisible Largs keeper that played against Kilbirnie in the cup.

Why do we need a body to run one cup and a body to run the leagues when the whole of Italian fitba manages to do with just one organisation ?.

I have refrained from posting on here for a long time since being subjected to some outrageous and unjustified trolling from over the flints. However I am outraged by the treatment being inflicted on Nicky Walker if what I have read is true. It should be noted that he was sent off for what was adjudged to be dangerous play against a player who had previously been booked for "simulation" , but let's not dwell on that. Let us look at what has happened since. He was sent off in a league match and given a two match ban. He has since missed two league matches. End of.

It's either 1 or 2

Statement 1

He was banned for 2 games.

He has to serve his suspension on whatever game is "officially" scheduled.

Therefore he has served 1 of his suspended games.

Bon'ess did not play him in the re-arranged game. Their choice if they know the rules.

I do not follow what is the difficult part to follow.

This is a secretarial cock up issue.

I don't normally defend the beaks but cannnot see what they have contributed that is wrong !

Statement 2

Having searched all the rule books I cannot find said rule clearly defined anywhere.

Wing it

That was case with us back in the winter of 2010/11. Ryan Jordan had one game of a ban to serve and that was due to fall against Tayport in the Scottish cup on the last Saturday in November 2010. The game was postponed for weeks, and we eventually got to play a league match against Cumnock in mid January and we were informed by the SJFA that Ryan would be available for the League game and would still serve his ban against Tayport whenever it was finally played.

If that is the case then the sjfa approach isn't new and isn't aimed at Bo'ness as you might think from some of the comments I've seen. Bo'ness secretary and mgt team should have been aware of the ruling and, whether they agree with it or not, either played Walker yesterday or dropped him. There is an element of this where it looks as if they have tried to engineer a row. I'm not saying Bo'ness don't have a decent argument but deliberately not playing a player if you know the position and then complaining that the sjfa has stuck to its rules is a bit naive.

Personally, I think the rules should align to SFA cup competitions in so much as you get banned for offences in that competition and league offences should be dealt with in league games. Then Bo'ness wouldn't have an issue. I also think the sjfa are far too lenient on the totting up of yellow cards but that's another argument.