Summer football

Krfc 10

Surely it is a no brainier to have the junior season to run from March to November and no games December January February , maybe been discussed over the years but haven't been on here that long. Talkin to ma mate who goes to the games with me and we both think this is the way forward with our weather over winter, happens year on year with teams having to play Saturday Monday and Wednesday at the end of the season. Also we thought it would give clubs a wee bit extra income with more people going to the games in the summer months with no senior football on, what would stop this happening, as I said its a no brainier for me.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely it is a no brainier to have the junior season to run from March to November and no games December January February , maybe been discussed over the years but haven't been on here that long. Talkin to ma mate who goes to the games with me and we both think this is the way forward with our weather over winter, happens year on year with teams having to play Saturday Monday and Wednesday at the end of the season. Also we thought it would give clubs a wee bit extra income with more people going to the games in the summer months with no senior football on, what would stop this happening, as I said its a no brainier for me.

The current season would finish in June,june-march means about 9 months without football,people mite lose interest,plus people do other things in the summer,bowls and golf among others

I'm in 100%.

Just askin, as I said I didn't know how many times it had been discussed before

It has been discussed a couple of times :-) No. Brainer for me as well but I can't see it happening! ! You would think it would be beneficial for the junior game but the auld dinosaurs will not let it happen;-)

I think with so many games off people are losing interest because the situation in the last 4 years at least 2 months each season have been lost to the weather. The result had been the total farce of teams playing 3 or 4 games a week the time has come to look at the implications of summer football and find solutions to the problems it may cause, if we keep the same set up junior football will die

You would have players going away on holiday during the season a lot more and what about pre season how you gonna manage that in January and February with the weather

During the last 2 months although games have been off players have still had to train to maintain fitness I do not see a problem with pre season training. Holidays nowadays are taken at all times of the year

KR10, Have given any thought to the fact that Its always been this way, no point in changing now. What about hard pitches in the summer, some folk will have the bowling. Why run the risk of having games played every week when it's more exciting to play one game in two months in the winter and three a week in May. Have you even considered the health risks of playing or watching in the summer sun, less risk associated with playing in a storm when it's dark at quarter past three and your struggling to see the far end of the pitch. You may like to know what you're doing on a Saturday but many people on here enjoy waiting till half tenish each Saturday to find out if there game will be on or not, I could go on but can I suggest you put a bit more thought into it posting nonsense like this.

I think with so many games off people are losing interest because the situation in the last 4 years at least 2 months each season have been lost to the weather. The result had been the total farce of teams playing 3 or 4 games a week the time has come to look at the implications of summer football and find solutions to the problems it may cause, if we keep the same set up junior football will die

That's just not the case. The vast majority of teams completed last season with no difficulty whatsoever and some had real issues about an early finish. This Saturday, Monday, Wednesday stuff is more myth than truth.

KR10, Have given any thought to the fact that Its always been this way, no point in changing now. What about hard pitches in the summer, some folk will have the bowling. Why run the risk of having games played every week when it's more exciting to play one game in two months in the winter and three a week in May. Have you even considered the health risks of playing or watching in the summer sun, less risk associated with playing in a storm when it's dark at quarter past three and your struggling to see the far end of the pitch. You may like to know what you're doing on a Saturday but many people on here enjoy waiting till half tenish each Saturday to find out if there game will be on or not, I could go on but can I suggest you put a bit more thought into it posting nonsense like this.

Archived