Alcohol at the football

Should football fans have the choice of having an alcoholic drink at the game?   

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you think they might object and challenge it.

Remove the ban and make it a local licensing issue decided on a case by case basis. Any particular clubs or their fans couldnt do a thing about it.

Anyway, this is about having a pint at the game, not getting drunk at the game. Those who want to turn up pissed will do - i know i will.

Anyway, this is about having a pint at the game, not getting drunk at the game.

Nail on head.

I do believe the majority who are against lifting the ban, don't attend football matches or are class snobs who believe we are all hooligans

Nail on head.

I do believe the majority who are against lifting the ban, don't attend football matches or are class snobs who believe we are all hooligans

Scottish football supporters or Celtic supporters?

Football fans in general.

I am against lifting the ban, I go to matches and don't think I would be classed as a snob by anyone. I don't think all football fans are hooligans, but it's only Celtic fans I see doing things like pissing in closes before the start of a game. Hope that helps.

I am against lifting the ban, I go to matches and don't think I would be classed as a snob by anyone. I don't think all football fans are hooligans, but it's only Celtic fans I see doing things like pissing in closes before the start of a game. Hope that helps.

What are you rambling on about? :lol:

Why are you against lifting the ban?

What are you rambling on about? :lol:

Why are you against lifting the ban?

If you follow the exchange of posts it's not difficult to see exactly what I am on about; I am responding to EA's various points.

I am against lifting the ban because I don't see there is any need to lift it. Folk who can't go a couple of hours without a drink have a real problem; and whilst the majority won't abuse it sadly, like so many things in football, it is the minority that we have to worry about.

FWIW I'm not getting involved in a big debate about this, just offering my opinion.

If you follow the exchange of posts it's not difficult to see exactly what I am on about; I am responding to EA's various points.

I am against lifting the ban because I don't see there is any need to lift it. Folk who can't go a couple of hours without a drink have a real problem; and whilst the majority won't abuse it sadly, like so many things in football, it is the minority that we have to worry about.

FWIW I'm not getting involved in a big debate about this, just offering my opinion.

Aye fair enough, I just thought it was because you didn't want more people pishing in closes

Sorry, Maybe I never made it clear.

I was referring to people who don't attend football (usually Rugby types) that have the class issue, who look down their noses at football fans, believeing we are all angy working class hooligans who only attend the games to start trouble

Having lived next to Hampden, I can assure you, it's not only Celtic fans who piss in closes, garden, on the street etc.. or football fans

And with this particular well thought out 'gem', your argument loses all credibility.

It really is a fucking ridiculous argument. Can folk not go to the cinema or out for tea without having a drink?

Would also love to know in what way it would be abused. Nobody is going to turn up to a game sober and get rat arsed at 5 quid a pint over 2 and a half hours.

Sorry, Maybe I never made it clear.

I was referring to people who don't attend football (usually Rugby types) that have the class issue, who look down their noses at football fans, believeing we are all angy working class hooligans who only attend the games to start trouble

Having lived next to Hampden, I can assure you, it's not only Celtic fans who piss in closes, garden, on the street etc.. or football fans

That comes across like you have a chip on your shoulder and an inferiority complex. Do you have class issues?

Nope, not at all

What makes you think like that then? I've never given a thought to rugby supporters or anyone else opinions but I'm guessing that your perception is a stereotype perpetuated by main stream media.

Go to the Juniors, have a drink, no - one cares, you can stand and smoke if you want most of the time as well.

What makes you think like that then? I've never given a thought to rugby supporters or anyone else opinions but I'm guessing that your perception is a stereotype perpetuated by main stream media.

Through various discussion via social media with individuals who want to keep the ban in place

Archived