Hughes

Mckinlay

Wieghorst

Mcstay Paul

Grant

Collins

Van Hooijdonk

Walker

A team full of internationalists who went onto play at the 1998 world cup and probably would've pissed all over yer sky blues at the time won whilst a few of our players careers dipped and ended up at your lot :P

May it inspire yous for next Saturday

Marshall Mcnamara Boyd Hughes Mckinlay Wieghorst Mcstay Paul Grant Collins Van Hooijdonk Walker A team full of internationalists who went onto play at the 1998 world cup and probably would've pissed all over yer sky blues at the time won whilst a few of our players careers dipped and ended up at your lot :P May it inspire yous for next Saturday

How can it inspire us, we made it way past the 3rd round. :lol:

Grimbo

How can it inspire us, we made it way past the 3rd round. :lol: Grimbo

:D ha ha some would call them ww legends until they went to your lot. I'm sure a few more senior Spartans fans would clarify if they Spartans legends or not hence the inspiration for next Saturday but I liked your trolling ;)

I was a Whitehill fan back then and remember the game well. I remember it being a great game and Cantley was superb. Was a superb advert for EOS football at the time too.

I thought you was a Peebles fan anaw? Are there any EoLL teams not had their squad pics on yer bedroom wa? ;)

Grimbo

I was a Whitehill fan back then before I supported Spartans and now Edinburgh City and remember the game well. I remember it being a great game and Cantley was superb. Was a superb advert for EOS football at the time too.

I've fixed it for you Simps ;)

City didn't have a game that week (called off perhaps) but the week before we beat Tollcross United 5-1 in what is now called the Image Printers Cup.

Team: Alan Mackintosh, Tommy Doig, Keith Banner, Brian Rendall, Graham Ford, Eric Sylvester, Andy Scott, Andy Irving, Dennis Kennedy, Tam Nolan, George Thomson. Subs: Gordon Jamieson, Robin Laing.

Scorers: Irving, Kennedy, Thomson (2), Laing.

I wasn't at Easter Road for the Whitehill game- I wonder if I went to football at all that week...

Archived