Airdrieonians Vs Brechin City

Seems like Evil Jim is late with his graphic this week so I'll start this one.

Was expecting to miss this one due to being away with work but I'll most likely be there now.

Hoping for a repeat of the last time Brechin visited us where they were utterly dreadful. We bossed them start to finish and they looked like relegation fodder as opposed to promotion hopefuls.

Will be the first viewing of Gasparotto and Gilfillan as a CB pairing. Hoping it's a successful partnership.

Only a win here would keep our slim chance of getting to the promotion play offs alive, and that's what I'm going for; 2-1 Airdrie.

My graphic man has been on holiday....I only know word and Excel - not quite as eye catching!

This is a must-win for Airdrie....nothing else will do. Be good to get Gasparroto back, but not convinced Gilfillan has been bought for centre half. Have heard there is potentially another centre half to sign, but we need a wage out 1st. Wilson has gone, Joe Hammill should be next (assuming he is still on the wage bill?). Am thinking perhaps Parker or Boyle is maybe one forward too many, but that's me just guessing.

As for predictions, I'll go 2-0 Airdrie, with a Lister and Fraser goal each.

For Brechin fans coming down, the new edition of Only the Lonely has a two page feature on yourselves and the Glebe. For any of you not coming by bus and therefore not sampling Cue Here's excellent hospitality, the bar at the stadium will have food available, Airdrie games from the past on the big screen, and the Airdrie Supporters trust will again be running events for kids from both teams from 1.30 - football training, dvd's, fussball and arts and crafts. Been great to see Peterhead and Stranraer kids mixing with our own over the last few weeks.

Left sided central defender.

He's had one appearance for us this season against Dundee United and he looked good.

He was on loan at Alloa last season and they rated him quite highly.

He's probably better than BRE tbh.

Defender per chance?

Left-sided centre-back. Hoped he would have gone on-loan to the Championship as he did well at Alloa last season and will hopefully be pushing for a first team spot next season but we obviously trust Bollan to develop our players.

£16 is ridiculous for this level of football and away fans are absolutely right to question it. The 'if you don't like it don't pay it' attitude that some fans take has coincided with attendances at home (both the home and away supports) plummeting in the last 5 or so years, and they'll continue to do so at that price. If we want a club to support in 10 years we need to find a way of making it more affordable.

I get why we charge that as we are stuck with an expensive stadium and they see £16 as the optimum price for getting the highest gate receipts, which in the short term I'm sure it is, but in the long term it's going to mean a steady decline. It's an impossible situation really.

£16 is ridiculous for this level of football and away fans are absolutely right to question it. The 'if you don't like it don't pay it' attitude that some fans take has coincided with attendances at home (both the home and away supports) plummeting in the last 5 or so years, and they'll continue to do so at that price. If we want a club to support in 10 years we need to find a way of making it more affordable.

I get why we charge that as we are stuck with an expensive stadium and they see £16 as the optimum price for getting the highest gate receipts, which in the short term I'm sure it is, but in the long term it's going to mean a steady decline. It's an impossible situation really.

It's fucking boring though. The same shit gets dragged up every few threads. Thing is, we've got to pay it every week - you think we like it? We pay it because we want to go and see our team so I'm firmly in the "don't like it, don't pay it" camp. I'm not particularly bothered if three or four punters from Brechin don't turn up because of the price. It's hardly going to effect the "atmosphere".

The rent is what it is, it's not going to change just because one more punter from another small club tells us something we already know.

It's fucking boring though. The same shit gets dragged up every few threads. Thing is, we've got to pay it every week - you think we like it? We pay it because we want to go and see our team so I'm firmly in the "don't like it, don't pay it" camp. I'm not particularly bothered if three or four punters from Brechin don't turn up because of the price. It's hardly going to effect the "atmosphere".

The rent is what it is, it's not going to change just because one more punter from another small club tells us something we already know.

Thing is we always have a moan about it but go all the same........... mostly for the excellent welcome we all get at Cue club ! ;)

As for the atmosphere created by the Brechin fans , we have been known to make a bit of a noise at Airdrie !!! :whistle:bounce4 :bounce4

Thing is we always have a moan about it but go all the same........... mostly for the excellent welcome we all get at Cue club ! ;)

As for the atmosphere created by the Brechin fans , we have been known to make a bit of a noise at Airdrie !!! :whistle:bounce4 :bounce4

In fairness the last time you were at Broomfield you got scudded 4-0 and left with your tail between your legs.

As for the stadium issue - we made our own bed. If we kept the stadium on the books of the club the most likely there would be no club to play there. As we all know the stadium is the biggest white elephant in the area caused by a stupid obsolete rule that is no longer there. Its a necessary evil that we have to put up with. From my point of view, I don't get to see the team that often so I'll pay whatever to see them and support the team - as well as buying merchandise etc.

As for today, hopefully a repeat of the convincing victory in October. Lister, Prunty, Fraser and Gilfilan to score.

Archived