Stenny fans-Jamie Reid

Read a few reports on P&B from earlier in the season, by all accounts, it suggests he'll never make it at Dens unfortunately despite a promising spell first time round?

Jamie Reid looked the part when he joined us on loan at the tail end of the 2012-13 season but he was junk this time around and I'm not surprised to see him leave Dundee. Everything he did - everything - was wrong. His decision-making was dreadful, he's always make the wrong pass, he'd always mishit his cross (in one match, I remember he shanked four out of play in the opening ten minutes), and moves would always break down whenever he got on the ball.

There's obviously some talent there but he seems to have lost his mojo. I'd say that, all things considered, he was our poorest player this year.

I was touting him to be the star of the division last year. Thought he was going to break through and surprise a few people but his development just stalled.

Don't know the guy personally (but he's apparently scored against me many times) so don't know whether it's an attitude thing or he's just finding his football tough these days..

It's always pretty sad to see young prospects fall out the game so hopefully, he'll find somewhere and not fall off the radar completely.

Think he was enduring a confidence crisis with us. I'm sure he can be a good player, indeed he was good first time around with us, but this season, I've got to agree that he was our must frustrating and irritating player.

I do hope he does well at Elgin City - for all his faults, he does come across as a very likeable guy and if he's able to recapture the same form he showed at the end of 2012-13, you'll have a very fine player on your hands. He's well served going through the middle, playing off the striker - he looks more dangerous there than he does on the wing.

Walsh was okay I suppose, but he came and went without leaving much of an impression. Scott Booth was certainly impressed by his capture and said a couple of times he couldn't believe Stenhousemuir had been able to sign him up. Walsh showed some nice touches on occasion and was pretty good at carrying the ball forward but he never really dominated games in the manner his manager was hoping and would never get wired into tackles. He was never as good as Scott Booth made him out to be.

I was surprised to see him return to Rangers before the New Year - I wouldn't have imagined he'd get any opportunity to play for Rangers this season and he'd probably have been better served sticking with Stenny til the end of the season.

Archived