Sean Dickson Leaves

Fire sale at Ochilview?

Nah, this isn't down to finances. Over the last month or so, Sean Dickson's often been the first player substituted, regardless of how he's been playing or how the match has been going (it certainly seems that way, anyway). He was taken off around the hour mark against Forfar Athletic and reacted badly (I wasn't there so I couldn't say what he did exactly, but apparently he threw something in the dugout - that said, show me a player who's ever happy to be taken off). Scott Booth met with him through the week and advised him he'd be dropped for the match with Ayr United and to stay away from Ochilview over the weekend. As the conversation developed, Booth advised him he was welcome to find a new club as it would suit them both. I think he'll have joined East Fife because of his friendship with Alan Cook (the pair stay quite close to one another).

It's not down to finances - Stenhousemuir are stuck with an autocratic manager who appears unable to take any form of criticism and dissent. Anyone with a personality has been excised from the club - John Gemmell, Sean Higgins, Nicky Devlin, Scot Buist and now Dickson - and replaced with a supine youngster Booth can talk at. Dickson has been at Stenny for seven years and played under four different managers and got on well with all of them, and his performances have improved year on year. He scored 12 goals in all competitions last year, including ten in the league - how many other midfielders boasted the same record? Granted, he hasn't had the same impact this year but he's been undermined by a manager unprepared to work with him. Dickson was dropped earlier in the season, with Booth citing his "inconsistency"; when he returned to the starting XI a couple of weeks later, he scored one and set up the other in a 2-1 home win over Greenock Morton.

Booth is turning out to be a catastrophe for Stenhousemuir on a number of levels and, for me anyway, the decision to release Dickson is the straw that broke the camel's back. Booth is an unpopular, divisive individual and I don't think I've ever been so appalled with a manager before. Toss in the debacle about the club's finances - which I still can't get my head around - and the whole place stinks. I don't think I've ever been so disillusioned following the Warriors before.

The man is a complete and utter clown. As stated anyone who has a personality is gone. We will play with kids next year who will do exactly as they are told or they will report to the headmasters office.

The club is rapidly going down the toilet at the moment. Only a matter of time before no one turns up. Congratulations Booth.

He was taken off around the hour mark against Forfar Athletic and reacted badly (I wasn't there so I couldn't say what he did exactly, but apparently he threw something in the dugout - that said, show me a player who's ever happy to be taken off). Scott Booth met with him through the week and advised him he'd be dropped for the match with Ayr United and to stay away from Ochilview over the weekend.

I can think of 5 or 6 all at Ayr this season straight off the top of my head.

He had offers from three different leagues from what I hear....must be down to cash.

Definitely won't be down to how much he's being offered, we're having serious money issues. Delighted with this signing though, seems like he should be a stick out. Having said that, he'll probably get played at right back. :lol:

Nah, this isn't down to finances. Over the last month or so, Sean Dickson's often been the first player substituted, regardless of how he's been playing or how the match has been going (it certainly seems that way, anyway). He was taken off around the hour mark against Forfar Athletic and reacted badly (I wasn't there so I couldn't say what he did exactly, but apparently he threw something in the dugout - that said, show me a player who's ever happy to be taken off). Scott Booth met with him through the week and advised him he'd be dropped for the match with Ayr United and to stay away from Ochilview over the weekend. As the conversation developed, Booth advised him he was welcome to find a new club as it would suit them both. I think he'll have joined East Fife because of his friendship with Alan Cook (the pair stay quite close to one another).

It's not down to finances - Stenhousemuir are stuck with an autocratic manager who appears unable to take any form of criticism and dissent. Anyone with a personality has been excised from the club - John Gemmell, Sean Higgins, Nicky Devlin, Scot Buist and now Dickson - and replaced with a supine youngster Booth can talk at. Dickson has been at Stenny for seven years and played under four different managers and got on well with all of them, and his performances have improved year on year. He scored 12 goals in all competitions last year, including ten in the league - how many other midfielders boasted the same record? Granted, he hasn't had the same impact this year but he's been undermined by a manager unprepared to work with him. Dickson was dropped earlier in the season, with Booth citing his "inconsistency"; when he returned to the starting XI a couple of weeks later, he scored one and set up the other in a 2-1 home win over Greenock Morton.

Booth is turning out to be a catastrophe for Stenhousemuir on a number of levels and, for me anyway, the decision to release Dickson is the straw that broke the camel's back. Booth is an unpopular, divisive individual and I don't think I've ever been so appalled with a manager before. Toss in the debacle about the club's finances - which I still can't get my head around - and the whole place stinks. I don't think I've ever been so disillusioned following the Warriors before.

Did I see on Twitter that you're writing a THHP article on the whole shambles down Ochilview way? I've no idea what's going on but it seems like things are going pretty horrendously.

Did I see on Twitter that you're writing a THHP article on the whole shambles down Ochilview way? I've no idea what's going on but it seems like things are going pretty horrendously.

Yes mate, just doing some research at the minute and joining a few dots. It should be up early next week.

Archived