Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

oompa

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get up to date,goon! It's been dying on its feet for years. Only whichever broadcaster has paid for that season's coverage gives us all this "the greatest blah blah......". Check the attendances especially those for Championship sides at home - well well below their league gates.

Try telling Bradford , Middlesbrough , crystal palace and Leicester that the FA cup has been dying on its feet for years after last weekends good results they had, and conversely try telling the teams in Chelsea , man city , Southampton and spurs who they knocked out that the fa cup is dying on its feet such was their dissapointment.

What a total load of pish to say that the FA cup is dying.

Its thriving and also has been . A great tournament .

The argument here is not as to which is the best compeition in the world it is whether it is better to have a more complicated draw or not. Perhaps some of the posters here do not have to organise Buses, Hospitality, Programmes or the simple fact of attracting punters along to keep their club going by giving them some sort of notice of matches in advance? I know what I would prefer to have at this stage with the next round looming and you know what? It might even spice some of the ties up knowing who they may play in the next round. That can only be good for the game??

It's not true. I've lived abroad for five years and I have never seen an FA cup match (except the final) on TV here. Premier League, yes, but not the cup.

You're being kidding by the line Tellyboy mentioned that keeps getting trotted out.

Hardly surprising wi' an aerial like that,jimbo. :(

photographer.jpg?resize=550%2C366

Try telling Bradford , Middlesbrough , crystal palace and Leicester that the FA cup has been dying on its feet for years after last weekends good results they had, and conversely try telling the teams in Chelsea , man city , Southampton and spurs who they knocked out that the fa cup is dying on its feet such was their dissapointment.

What a total load of pish to say that the FA cup is dying.

Its thriving and also has been . A great tournament .

Although I don't agree that it's dying, I equally don't think Chelsea or Man City give a toss about going out. If it meant something they would have went through at a canter.

And it's not a great tournament. It's just a big tournament the same as any other. Don't believe the hype!

This is a unique case in that the whole card was wiped out so postponing the draw for an extra week makes sense. Otherwise it would all be ??????? or ??????? v ???????? or ???????

I'm not a supporter of the current SJFA, as my comments above should show, but some posters on here just bump their gums for the sake of it.

what a load of bollox.

Whats wrong with ??? or ??? v ??? or ??? or feckin ????????

It gives a chance for those that ARE through to plan.

In my opinion they could draw the whole tournament if they want.

If Tennis,snooker,darts,golf etc can cope with a 128 man draw all the way to the final.

Does anyone seriously believe the "thrill of the draw" ?

Who gives a shit.

what a load of bollox.

Whats wrong with ??? or ??? v ??? or ??? or feckin ????????

It gives a chance for those that ARE through to plan.

In my opinion they could draw the whole tournament if they want.

If Tennis,snooker,darts,golf etc can cope with a 128 man draw all the way to the final.

Does anyone seriously believe the "thrill of the draw" ?

Who gives a shit.

Nice start to your post there. Cheers.

Strangely, I agree with you. There is no reason why they can't make the draw all the way through like they do with the Ayrshire Cup now for example. But, for me, the Scottish is a bigger beast than that which should be handled properly. Not just flung together.

It's just too spurious to have it before even one match is played in the previous round. I may be wrong but I don't see the away team calling their bus company and saying "We will need a bus on the 11th March to either Dunipace or New Elgin. Can I let you know in 2 weeks?"

I know there is planning to be done but the juniors are used to call offs so are used to having to adjust.

As for the "thrill of the draw", why can't it exist? The only reason it can't is because it's currently in an office instead of in the public eye. If the SJFA had an ounce of marketing ability it could be an event worth looking forward to.

Although I don't agree that it's dying, I equally don't think Chelsea or Man City give a toss about going out. If it meant something they would have went through at a canter.

And it's not a great tournament. It's just a big tournament the same as any other. Don't believe the hype!

At the end of the day nobody plays to lose and I think Chelsea and man city wouldn't be too pleased about going out the FA cup .

The league cup is a bit different as teams always rest players but every player who has won the fa cup will always cherish the memories and their medal at the end of their career .

As for going through at a canter if it meant anything then I can only disagree as then there would be no shocks in football like man city getting beat by Bradford , beith getting beaten by hall Russell and talbot being beaten by wishaw ;)

Nice start to your post there. Cheers.

Strangely, I agree with you. There is no reason why they can't make the draw all the way through like they do with the Ayrshire Cup now for example. But, for me, the Scottish is a bigger beast than that which should be handled properly. Not just flung together.

It's just too spurious to have it before even one match is played in the previous round. I may be wrong but I don't see the away team calling their bus company and saying "We will need a bus on the 11th March to either Dunipace or New Elgin. Can I let you know in 2 weeks?"

I know there is planning to be done but the juniors are used to call offs so are used to having to adjust.

As for the "thrill of the draw", why can't it exist? The only reason it can't is because it's currently in an office instead of in the public eye. If the SJFA had an ounce of marketing ability it could be an event worth looking forward to.

Nobody would call the Bus company to do so ahead of the game but would at least be able to do so on the Monday after winning through and not sitting waiting on a Draw being made and having no clue as to whether being home or away. Fans could also book onto a bus and have a magical mystery Tour to Dunipace or New Elgin! I will add that the most glamorous International Tournament is also drawn right through. That's not what we want lets try and get the draw made the Sunday after the first ties are due to be played.

At the end of the day nobody plays to lose and I think Chelsea and man city wouldn't be too pleased about going out the FA cup .

The league cup is a bit different as teams always rest players but every player who has won the fa cup will always cherish the memories and their medal at the end of their career .

As for going through at a canter if it meant anything then I can only disagree as then there would be no shocks in football like man city getting beat by Bradford , beith getting beaten by hall Russell and talbot being beaten by wishaw ;)

Shocks will always happen of course which makes football appealing sometimes. But the cream Always comes to the top like when Talbot went on an won the League and cup double after Wishaw beat them.

I stand by what I say though. If Mourinho and Pellegrini wanted the FA cup as much as they want the League then those teams wouldn't have gone out last week. But we'll never know.

Becoming a bit messy with all the postponments yesterday.Would be worth moving 5th round back to 21st,leaving 7th n 14th to clear backlog and replays,make the draw next Sunday. Any thoughts ?how would you do it?

Your suggestion is certainly worth thinking about. As usual communication from Hampden is non existent. I just cannot understand why Tom Johnstone continually ignores clubs and fans, he should be posting at least weekly, keeping clubs and fans up to date on the weather affected R5.

By next Saturday it will be seven weeks since the shortest day 21st December yet they persist with the 1-45 kick off. It is within the SJFA power to change the kick off to 2-30. Why? Well Dundee v Celtic is on TV with a 12-30 kick off that game finishes around 2-15, Any fans of Dundee or Celtic with local support of their junior club, under the 1-45 kick off would not bother taking in a Scottish Junior tie at half time. If they do watch the 2nd half it would of course be free,

P.S. Just noticed on SJFA site games are now at 2-00pm. Not enough to compete with the TV problem. As a matter of interest, a 2-30 kick off Saturday would see games finish at around 4-20. By Saturday we have another 10 minutes of daylight. Look out around 4-30 and ask, could a game be played with daylight at that time?

Of course West Region with their mandatory 2-00pm KO have just given up to midday TV, while East stick with the more sensible 2-30.

Your suggestion is certainly worth thinking about. As usual communication from Hampden is non existent. I just cannot understand why Tom Johnstone continually ignores clubs and fans, he should be posting at least weekly, keeping clubs and fans up to date on the weather affected R5.

By next Saturday it will be seven weeks since the shortest day 21st December yet they persist with the 1-45 kick off. It is within the SJFA power to change the kick off to 2-30. Why? Well Dundee v Celtic is on TV with a 12-30 kick off that game finishes around 2-15, Any fans of Dundee or Celtic with local support of their junior club, under the 1-45 kick off would not bother taking in a Scottish Junior tie at half time. If they do watch the 2nd half it would of course be free,

You are being a bit harsh there.

He does post weekly in the Sun newspaper

The last month has been full of the most vital and important issue that is facing all junior clubs today.

Is it:

The scottish cup 5th round draw with ties provisionally booked for the 14th. - NO

Failing junior attendances - NO

Ideas on clearing the fixtures back log - NO

Winter weather payments for clubs struggling through the weather - NO

Issuing fixtures more than a week in advance - NO

Summer football NO

Winter break NO

Finding a sponsor for the biggest cup competition at our level - NO

Or is it some Super Duper Mental Chicken Oriental East West North South Out of Space Fucking League - YES!!!

You are being a bit harsh there.

He does post weekly in the Sun newspaper

The last month has been full of the most vital and important issue that is facing all junior clubs today.

Is it:

The scottish cup 5th round draw with ties provisionally booked for the 14th. - NO

Failing junior attendances - NO

Ideas on clearing the fixtures back log - NO

Winter weather payments for clubs struggling through the weather - NO

Issuing fixtures more than a week in advance - NO

Summer football NO

Winter break NO

Finding a sponsor for the biggest cup competition at our level - NO

Or is it some Super Duper Mental Chicken Oriental East West North South Out of Space Fucking League - YES!!!

Haha superb mate and all too true...nothing to do with saving junior football all to do with saving TJ.

The fact he uses the Sun shows that he is a man not to be trusted.

Archived