Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

oompa

With the Scottish Cup 5th Round scheduled for the 14th Feb, has there been any announcement as to when the draw will be made? With all the postponements over the last fortnight, is there any updates from the SJFA or are we once again left to wait and wonder?

Given the weather forecast.. it could be teams end up playing back to back 4th/5th round ties.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats so wrong with a winner of this tie v winner of that tie? Its fine for the most prestigious trophy in the world?

FA Cup fifth-round draw

Crystal Palace v Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa v Leicester City

West Brom v West Ham

Bradford City v Sunderland or Fulham

Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

Derby County v Reading

Preston NE or Sheffield Utd v Cambridge Utd or Manchester Utd

Whats so wrong with a winner of this tie v winner of that tie? Its fine for the most prestigious trophy in the world?

FA Cup fifth-round draw

Crystal Palace v Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa v Leicester City

West Brom v West Ham

Bradford City v Sunderland or Fulham

Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

Derby County v Reading

Preston NE or Sheffield Utd v Cambridge Utd or Manchester Utd

Obviously an Englishman quoting that guff!

Like it or not, this is probably true. In terms of attendances, worldwide TV coverage, press coverage(in Scotland as well in case you hadn't noticed), it almost certainly has no equal anywhere. I just wish ANY tournament here had a tiny fraction of the cash and attention it generates.

This happens every year. We can blame the SJFA for many things but not the weather!

This happens every year. We can blame the SJFA for many things but not the weather!

This has nothing to do with the weather, it is lack of communication from the SJFA. Cannot they make a very simple announcement

like "Due to hold up in R4 we are postponing R5 draw until backlog has been cleared up" On the other hand they prefer to keep all clubs still involved hanging on till the last minute. They haven.t a clue. :thumbsdown

P.S. Am I being just a wee bit cheeky Mr.Johnstone, But like many I wouldn't wipe my bum with the sun. Where is the draw being made?

This has nothing to do with the weather, it is lack of communication from the SJFA. Cannot they make a very simple announcement

like "Due to hold up in R4 we are postponing R5 draw until backlog has been cleared up" On the other hand they prefer to keep all clubs still involved hanging on till the last minute. They haven.t a clue. :thumbsdown

They have a duty of care for the Association they supposedly run. However, they don't give a dam about the Clubs and supporters only about self preservation. We have a salaried Secretary who appears to do exactly hee haw, sorry he might be doing something behind the scenes but isn't aware that some communication with the people who pay his wages would be in his own interest.

Like it or not, this is probably true. In terms of attendances, worldwide TV coverage, press coverage(in Scotland as well in case you hadn't noticed), it almost certainly has no equal anywhere. I just wish ANY tournament here had a tiny fraction of the cash and attention it generates.

Get up to date,goon! It's been dying on its feet for years. Only whichever broadcaster has paid for that season's coverage gives us all this "the greatest blah blah......". Check the attendances especially those for Championship sides at home - well well below their league gates.

It's not true. I've lived abroad for five years and I have never seen an FA cup match (except the final) on TV here. Premier League, yes, but not the cup.

You're being kidding by the line Tellyboy mentioned that keeps getting trotted out.

In Junior circles it's been known for years that the draw is made the Sunday eight days after the original matches were scheduled to allow for replays (incidentally this is why I laugh when supporters of teams start a thread asking when the draw is as soone as their team win a match).

This format has been subject to change recently to allow daft newspapers or radio shows to host the draw in a broom cupboard so now it's maybe the Tuesday or Wednesday of that week.

This is a unique case in that the whole card was wiped out so postponing the draw for an extra week makes sense. Otherwise it would all be ??????? or ??????? v ???????? or ???????

I'm not a supporter of the current SJFA, as my comments above should show, but some posters on here just bump their gums for the sake of it.

From this mornings Sun:

"SJFA bosses will make the draw for the last 16 of Scottish Cup next midweek - but will wait until they see how many clubs are in the fifth round before confirming a date or venue"

It also says that Tom Johnstone was in talks with real radio about doing the draw on their football phone in,I'm sure that programs & station don't exist any more ???? ⚽ ????

From this mornings Sun:

"SJFA bosses will make the draw for the last 16 of Scottish Cup next midweek - but will wait until they see how many clubs are in the fifth round before confirming a date or venue"

Interpret that and begin to wonder. It would seem the draw WILL be made 'next midweek'. Then comes the 'BUT' They will see how many (If any) games survive the weekend. Could I modestly suggest the reply I suggested "Due to the hold up in R4 we are postponing R5 until the backlog has been cleared up" believe we would all understand that.

Boheesian; Your a wee bit unfair on secretary Tom Johnstone saying he does, hee-haw, You must be aware that he has important duties as a Director of the SFA. Currently flogging the dead horse of pyramids, and the destruction of the junior game as we know it..

From this mornings Sun:

16?

Archived