A tale of 2 defences. AR v QP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Watch what's happening this time" - which part of this statement is either foul or abusive? By all means support the referee for sending a player off for disrespecting him, but at least get the facts right or you'll start to sound like a Clyde fan!

Perhaps he found a way to talk to the ref that isn't foul or abusive.

As I understand it he repeatedly undermined the referee and had already been warned about his conduct.

wow - that's quite some climbdown Albino - going from being "foul and abusive" to "undermining" (which he was guilty of) in only 20 minutes. Whatever next......accepting that Chaplain was indeed doing his level best to wind opponents up, or are you still nominating him for sainthood?

One of the reasons why Chaplain is my favourite player is because he's smart, even when the ball isn't in play: picking up the ball to slow down set-pieces, charming the ref and winding up the opposition. There was no case for him to have been carded.

What I can't work out is whether the Queen's fans stinking of jealousy because they're now officially our whipping boys or because it's finally dawned on them that they have zero chance of winning anything.

One of the reasons why Chaplain is my favourite player is because he's smart, even when the ball isn't in play: picking up the ball to slow down set-pieces, charming the ref and winding up the opposition.

and there we have it.........thank you for the admission. Now that common sense has resumed I'm happy to confirm that I also rate Chaplain and would be happy if a player from my team was doing likewise.........but then again I wouldn't be so silly as to argue that wasting time, continually chirping away at the referee, winding up opponents and walking two yards towards the ball before every free kick wasn't cumulatively worthy of a booking.

I wouldn't be so silly as to argue that wasting time, continually chirping away at the referee, winding up opponents and walking two yards towards the ball before every free kick wasn't cumulatively worthy of a booking.

Which of those is a foul in football?

The Rovers win a lot of games by small margins but they're capable of scoring far more. It's a very well-organised team- we only really concede because of individual errors. And they're not cocky in the slightest.

The Rovers win a lot of games by small margins but they're capable of scoring far more. It's a very well-organised team- we only really concede because of individual errors. And they're not cocky in the slightest.

just the fans lol anyway the leagues there to be won,good luck to all.

Which of those is a foul in football?

excellent response.............by your logic a player should only be booked for committing a foul....which brings us full circle as to why Wharton received his yellow card..........your fellow Rovers' fans try to defend your intellectual deficiences by claiming you're just a wind-up merchant, but when someone is prepared to take a knock-out blow whilst trying to land an ineffectual jab I think the evidence leads us to another conclusion entirely

Changing topic slightly here, at least yesterday's substitution of Chaplain brought an answer to the question we were all asking ourselves over the festive season............who ate all the pies? What a waste of a player whose career highlights wil be his appearances with Stenny & Cowden, and who instead of being in his prime is now reduced to token appearances for you...glad that the legacy of your Rangers windfall is being well spent on his talent and that smashing new terracing you have behind the goals at the Airdrie end.

Excellent effort by the guys who cleared the pitch. Perhaps disappointing that the attendance wasn't a bit better, but I suppose that the second pitch inspection might have put a good few off.

The usual Rovers performance; solid at the back and not particularly pleasing on the eye, but they were better than us once again. If Wharton was given the second yellow and sent off for asking the ref to watch the pulling and pushing, McKendrick should be taking a good look at himself. That he failed to send Rooney off later doesn't make up for the Wharton decision. Again, if what is being reported is correct, you just wouldn't see that happening at a higher level.

We did, however, play better with ten men and if we hadn't lost a goal immediately after equalising, then maybe we would have sneaked something out of the game as Rovers shooting was woeful when they broke through.

Rovers are grinding results out and could yet win the league when I couldn't see past Arbroath a few weeks ago.

We remain an incredible 12 points ahead of 4th place despite a disappointing run of late. Whooda thunk we'd be here after last season's nightmare? All hail the mighty Gus!

Right, OK Rovers, now we're firmly on your mantelpiece can you please go on now and win the league? The thought of another 2 games against you in the play offs is filling me with dread

If what Wharton apparently said is true then that's a pretty harsh second booking. He's normally a relatively quiet guy on and off the park as well. He's the last guy in the team I'd expect to be sent off for mouthing.

I thought we did OK with 10 men but Rovers had so many opportunities second half on the break. We didn't work Parry enough. Muir will be gutted about their winner but it's the first mistake he's made for months.

Well done to everyone that helped clear the pitch (it was in far better nick than our midden yesterday) I mind in 2001 going straight to Hampden half cut from a new year party to do the same before we played Thistle. About 20 of us, plus Cowboy. Lost that game as well mind you

I'm sure it's something to do with a relationship they built with a German side a few years back involving pre-season games.

Well remembered, it's with SG Wattenscheid 09.

http://www.sgwattenscheid09.de/

Still going strong but mainly just the supporters now. The usual "cultural exchange" takes place a couple of times a year

You should have shouted your thoughts at John when he came on- he would have bagged a hat-trick.

In my opinion his best years in part-time football were during his second spell at the Rovers.

The peak of John's career was his first season at Stenhousemuir (2012-13) - on form, he was incredible. During his first six weeks with us, he was probably the best striker I've seen at Ochilview. He was a complete forward - scored goals, set up chances for others, set up chances for himself... He had everything. His performances tailed off but he was still a very handy player. I think he scored 17 goals in all competitions that year.

His form at the Rovers immediately before Stenny was also excellent- he scored fewer goals but I'll maintain my biased opinion that his years in Paul Martin's side were better, because he was part of a club's greatest modern achievement- the Rovers team that went up and stayed up.

Archived