A tale of 2 defences. AR v QP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous effort by Club Officials, stewards and fans from both sides to get the game on.

3 points is all that matters at this stage of the season but we made it really difficult for ourselves by falling into the trap of playing the game under QP's terms - which was basically a fight. Rovers showed really poor discipline, no need for Phillips to get involved as the Queens right back was using Josh Mullin as a football, Phillips should have seen red for that.

I have now given up hope every time McKenzie is one on one with the keeper.

I would still maintain that the Rovers side that was promoted in 2011 was better but was in a tougher league with a really strong Arbroath side. But who cares ? This current Rovers team have an opportunity to to emulate and possibly surpass Paul Martin's side. QP are much stronger than last season and are a stick on for at least a play off place. Good luck to them. Very decent people at the club. Disagree on Stirling Albion though.

This team has a better back four, a deeper midfield squad and the same centre forward. When comparing first-choice line-ups, the biggest difference is in the quality of goalkeeper.

I think it probably was a pivotal day, and Rovers may well go on and win the league. However I can't agree with most of this. It was never going to suit passing football today, but QP competed well and controlling possession with 10 men is a little better than 'shite'.

We have struggled for several seasons against Rovers, but I'm still not convinced by them. I don't think they have the quality that Peterhead, Stranraer or even Stirling Albion had in this league. Maybe next time?

I'd struggle to argue with much of that. We're a team heavily reliant on team spirit and graft... but it's working

Can anyone tell us why the QP captains armband is of the German flag?

I'm sure it's something to do with a relationship they built with a German side a few years back involving pre-season games.

Time for Cusack to take his starting place?

No. There's more to Squib's role than finishing moves: he's the hardest worker we've got and accordingly the best at restricting space up the park. I wouldn't argue with Cusack for Phillips though: Liam's best Rovers performance was in a similar role against Motherwell and McFadden is still trying to get out his back pocket.

The red card changed the game. If he's going to book players for back chat, he should be handing out about ten per game. We did as well as could be expected with 10 men and reckon we'd come away with something with 11 men and the wind at our backs. Rooney should have gone for his kick out in the second half as well, but the decision in the first half changed things. Ref totally lost the plot. John McKendrick's a w****r, basically.

Once again, fair play to everyone who helped clear the pitch yesterday. Some effort.

Once again, fair play to everyone who helped clear the pitch yesterday. Some effort.

Indeed, but fair play to Mr McKendrick too, who I'm told was very supportive of the guys clearing the pitch and happy to wait until 2pm for it to be completed. He also was pretty sensible about the perimeter track despite, I'm told, the protests by some QP officials.

The red card changed the game. If he's going to book players for back chat, he should be handing out about ten per game. We did as well as could be expected with 10 men and reckon we'd come away with something with 11 men and the wind at our backs. Rooney should have gone for his kick out in the second half as well, but the decision in the first half changed things. Ref totally lost the plot. John McKendrick's a w****r, basically.

You can't complain about that sending off. He was on an orange card after his first booking - a very dangerous foul - and dissented 5 minutes later.

Whinging about the ref is all fine and well but I thought he was very lenient to both teams, there was no shortage of dirty play and another ref may have seen you finish the game with 9 men. The state of the pitch is no excuse for some of their bad fouling.

The Queen's ref conspiracy might have held water if it wasn't for Wharton's attempts to put Scott Chaplain in hospital- short-lived and taken over by Rooney. That crap we had to sub Scott off for his protection. If it was a deliberate Gus tactic then shame on him.

The Queen's ref conspiracy might have held water if it wasn't for Wharton's attempts to put Scott Chaplain in hospital- short-lived and taken over by Rooney. That crap we had to sub Scott off for his protection. If it was a deliberate Gus tactic then shame on him.

away and get a life drama queen. you would see it one way,

Good to be back. In a similar vein, I've missed QP's lacklustre title challenges and subsequent play-off capitulations.

indeed, but tis it not better to at least reach the play-offs and capitulate in them, than not be good enough to even reach them at all?

You can't complain about that sending off. He was on an orange card after his first booking - a very dangerous foul - and dissented 5 minutes later.

Whinging about the ref is all fine and well but I thought he was very lenient to both teams, there was no shortage of dirty play and another ref may have seen you finish the game with 9 men. The state of the pitch is no excuse for some of their bad fouling.

He has to be consistent. Chaplain was basically trying to ref the game in the second half and the referee did nothing.

Archived