A tale of 2 defences. AR v QP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire the stubbornness of the QP defence, but they looked hopeless at the other end of the pitch when they came up against a decent defence. A smart team will run at Josh Mullin for 90 minutes- as long as he is played out of position, that will be how to break us. If Phillips plays LB, I think we just need to score and we'll win.

Our manager doesn't like to change a winning eleven but in addition to the change of left back, I think this game calls for an efficient Donnelly/Pollock partnership behind McKenzie, Chaplain and Mullin- and Gemmell up front. It'll be no use playing the 6ft 4 goal-machine up-front, because I will be in attendance, and that causes him to become a double-left-footed offside-machine.

Looking like it's going to be around freezing every night between now and the game. Snow forecast in the next couple of days as well. It could be touch and go.

This is when the Coatbridge San Siro tarpaulins come into action. The only problem is they have been down since 1923.

I can't see the SFA sanctioning a team of Queen's Park's quality and historial significance playing in some icy hovel. The very thought of it is degrading.

and yet they let us play in Airdrie for a year?

Been a decent thaw in the People's Republic of Glasgow. If it freezes again, it's hard to see how it can go ahead. However, I suspect Rovers will be doing absolutely everything in their power to get this one on because of the other rearranged fixtures. Seem to recall a Scottish Cup tie 6 or 7 years ago in absolutely baltic conditions and the game went ahead. Snow wasn't as much of a problem on that occasion right enough.

Archived