Rescheduled Game & Predictons - Wed 28th & Jan 31st

HibeeJibee

maybe you were a bit over confident!

My previous posts said otherwise.

When the game got closer to kick off my black and white tinted glasses just got stronger.

Anyway you can't win matches when you only start playing with 80 minutes gone.

My previous posts said otherwise. When the game got closer to kick off my black and white tinted glasses just got stronger.Anyway you can't win matches when you only start playing with 80 minutes gone.

Took this game in today. Haven't seen Gretna this year and was keen to see why they have won so many, but as cic says they didn't begin to really play until last ten mins.

This surprised me as I think they've blown teams away early of late but today they were very cagey- was there a noticeable change in tactics or style today cic?

Spartans looked to be a little back to what a lot of observers have noted over the last few years- nothing particularly spectacular but with a way of finding a win.

Took this game in today. Haven't seen Gretna this year and was keen to see why they have won so many, but as cic says they didn't begin to really play until last ten mins.

This surprised me as I think they've blown teams away early of late but today they were very cagey- was there a noticeable change in tactics or style today cic?

Spartans looked to be a little back to what a lot of observers have noted over the last few years- nothing particularly spectacular but with a way of finding a win.

Surely, I have seen Gretna this season, so was well aware of their capability. What you failed to see was how much better we managed to battle in the conditions, which was pretty spectacular to me.

I think you are doing both teams a disservice with your opinion.

Grimbo

Surely, I have seen Gretna this season, so was well aware of their capability. What you failed to see was how much better we managed to battle in the conditions, which was pretty spectacular to me.

I think you are doing both teams a disservice with your opinion.

Grimbo

Good from you grim. Where is this disservice I've done to both teams? Can't wait for the highlights from you which will show just how well both teams played.

If I'm a spartans fan I'm happy with the result and the battling nature of the performance, particularly with the last few weeks in mind.

If I'm a Gretna fan I'm disappointed with the way we played- particularly considering that spartans didn't have to do too much to get the win.

As a neutral I can appreciate the effort that went into the game from both but there were a large number of errors that didn't come as a result of the conditions, although perhaps came from the magnitude of the game. If anything I was a little disappointed with the level of technical quality on show- with the exception of longcake, sludden and Milligan.

Good from you grim. Where is this disservice I've done to both teams? Can't wait for the highlights from you which will show just how well both teams played.

If I'm a spartans fan I'm happy with the result and the battling nature of the performance, particularly with the last few weeks in mind.

If I'm a Gretna fan I'm disappointed with the way we played- particularly considering that spartans didn't have to do too much to get the win.

As a neutral I can appreciate the effort that went into the game from both but there were a large number of errors that didn't come as a result of the conditions, although perhaps came from the magnitude of the game. If anything I was a little disappointed with the level of technical quality on show- with the exception of longcake, sludden and Milligan.

Had the game been played on a warm hazy day then we would have been in for a right old technical treat, we've always (since I've been watching us) played smashing football, like I said in the Spartans v Gretna thread, I sometimes think we play too much technical football. When you see the highlights that I'm doing now, you'll see that there was more quality than just those 3 lads you mentioned. Although I do think they'll be a few team after a slice of Longcake come the end of the season.

Grimbo

Archived